Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone who may be from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area recommend any vets who do ear cropping? Most of them do not and a few I've heard of have no references. The last thing I want is a bad ear crop. Thanx again for any help.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Guer, if you obtain a puppy from a reputable breeder the earcrop will be taken care of before the puppy even comes home to you. The puppy will have stiches out and posts in... that way you don't have the stress and worry about finding a good cropper, dealing with the aftercare (healing of edges and stitches, etc) and the breeder will also help you with the posting process to make sure you and your puppy are getting the best possible care.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hmmm, not sure Albert... I'm sure we'll get someone on here that will be able to recommend someone. In case you are able to find a pup via rescue that is young enough to do :)

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Sundobe is correct. No reputable breeder will let their puppies go to their new homes before they are cropped and healed FIRST. So you won't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
That point is pretty clear, but as I mentioned, I'm hoping someone may have a few suggestions in case he is able to find a pup via rescue/shelter that is young enough to do.... It's not unheard of.
Ah....good point. I had missed where you said that earlier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts