Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chihiro is 13 months and 72 pounds!!! She could probably stand to loose a few though - The heat has tempered our normal exercise routines.

I took her in for a thyroid test - figured it can't hurt to rule it out. For those of you familiar with the different labs - her results will be read by Antech...

The clinic must have been overbooked this morning, we had to wait for almost 45 minutes and it was exhausting! Chi was relatively indifferent to the people and children but very reactionary toward the other dogs. I love how a Min Pin can walk in muzzled and ready to eat every and anybody and is cute but the second my Doberman reacts to his insanity, people feel as though I have the spawn of satan at the end of the lead.

The tech that saw us was awesome and very sympathetic to our "issues". Chi was very, very good with her. Let her poke at a few bumps (turned out to be ingrown hairs and acne, side note - tech said that Stridex pads work great for dogs too). The only time that Chi aggressed toward a person was when the tech first came in. She spoke with me briefly and then squatted down and attempted to coax Chi to her. Chi growled and barked but backed behind me rather than lunge. I held her during the exam, blood draw and cleaning of the bumps and she never once growled, in fact, she seemed to enjoy the attention of the tech. I could be wrong, but if she were blatantly aggressive, wouldn't she have thrown a fit over the exam and everything?

We'll get the results back in a week or so. Until then, we're going to keep doing what we've been doing. Approaching strangers/children/dogs = everything good and great in world and hotdogs and chicken and squirt cheese :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Those long waits sometimes get Princi wound up too. Princi also like the attention she gets from the vet techs, she now knows to stand up against the front counter (which is pretty high) to get treats from the girls.

Well I'm glad the visit was good and I'm sure the test results will be possitive.

Naveen

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
I'm sure Chi will be o.k.And i would like to know what Stridex pads are as Tia has the ingrowing hair and acne thing,more so with the heat.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brumwolf said:
I'm sure Chi will be o.k.And i would like to know what Stridex pads are as Tia has the ingrowing hair and acne thing,more so with the heat.

They're sold at pretty much any drug store for human acne. The tech told me today that the stuff the doc would prescribe for Chi's acne is pretty much the same thing just about 3x's more expensive. She said to clean Chi's chin once a day (where they are the worst) with them and then the spots on her body that aren't so bad, to wipe over every other day or so.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I glad the visit was a positive one. It sounds like Chi is more fear reactive than anything else, once she knows that person is not a threat she is fine. Keep up the good work and good luck with the test.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
It sounds like Chi was obviously fearful in trying to hide behind you, which can be just as dangerous as out and out biting (within reason), she could be a fear-biter also. Other than that little scene, glad to hear she did so good!!! I imagine I'm nearly as anxious as you to hear her results!! We all feel like we've lived through all her adventures b/c you post such excellant and descriptive stories of her!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I'm glad the visit went reasonably well, and was a positive for her with the tech. Let us know how the tests turn out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts