Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took both dogs in to the vet today for kennel cough vaccines. Chi did great. She briefly played with a HUGE Greater Swiss Mountain Dog pup (bout the same age as she). He was such a cutie! Was awesome with the tech and the vet. He came in and looked at a few odd bumps that have popped up on the back of her hind legs (a couple inches up from her pads). At first I thought they were boney but after squeezing a bit, I realized they weren't. He drew fluid out and came back saying it was an infection (possibly bacteria, lots of white blood cells on the slide) and she's on anitibiotics for the next week. She is 65.2 pounds at 11 months and aside from the infection, the picture of health. He also fiddled with her hip and thinks that she's good to go and we probably won't have to worry about future problems. That was a relief!
Petri on the other hand was not quite as saintly. The little snot bit me and bit me hard! Evidentally he wasn't as thrilled about the fluid being shot up his nose as Chi. Little booger even drew blood. Guess it's better that he got me rather than the tech. My left hand is also vaccinated very well against kennel cough, it got 2 whole doses. Third time was the charm and she finally got it where it was supposed to go.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Oh I am sorry! How dogs make our lives instresting! Hope the hand is getting better really soon and just look at it this way, you won't get Kennel Cough! LOL

·
Registered
694 Posts
lol...you poor thing....I took Sabot to the vet yesterday for his paw and he did really really good, loved all the people...started leaning on the lady next to me and practically got in her lap....a cocker spaniel went for him too and he didn't lunge back...which I was thankful for...it was packed in there, wall to wall people and dogs. I hope your hand heals quickly!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Lol. The smaller ones can be the most surprising. I am glad Chi decided to show off his more superior ways. :) When I took all of mine in. lol a zoo. They were all so good, but Rocky thought that everyone was after him and didn't want anyone near him with anything. The vet warmed him up quickly with treats and they were best buds. Luckily no bites. I hope it heals fast. They can hurt I know.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Sorry Tracy i know it's not funny but i am sat here laughing,i just cannot get the picture of a vet's assistant with said kennel cough vaccine in hand, with you being held by Petri in his teeth,small dogs, been there,done it,got the T shirt.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Tracy I just have to ask if you are making this stuff up about Petri. I know that sweet little thing would never do those things. The shot I can believe but the bitting? No way, not that little guy. Again I am on Petri's side, and always will be. :D

Okay seriously I really hope your hand is okay, and heals good. Just please watch out for infections. I really hope you don't get kennel caugh. Since number one you are not a cat or a dog and number two you are vaccinated against it. :)

Petri come move to Michigan, I will take you in a heart beat. And with your inside potty problems I don't think it will matter at this point with Gracie's indoor potty problems. I am sure yours are so much smaller than hers, and less stinky.

·
just a member
2,996 Posts
Thats great about Chi, but sorry about the Petri incident...Poor bugger must of had a bad day. Why hurt a stranger when you can bite the one you love. He was thinking of you.....

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gracie's_Mom said:
Tracy I just have to ask if you are making this stuff up about Petri. I know that sweet little thing would never do those things. The shot I can believe but the bitting? No way, not that little guy. Again I am on Petri's side, and always will be. :D
LOL my first thought after the little snot grabbed my finger was "Katie, is finally going to get her wish!"
It was my fault really, I wasn't holding him right. But in fairness to me, he's never so much as curled a lip while at the vet.
Chi was so funny during it though. I had her at my feet in a sit/stay, which she is normally very good at holding. Not yesterday though, she had her paws on the table making sure her little buddy wasn't being harrassed by anyone but her :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Lol. So Chi is a little protective of the little guy huh? I can't blame Petri at all though. Maybe for the biting but then again I would bite someone too if they were trying to spray something up my nose. By the way, you already know this but I will just repeat myself like the broken record I am. I will always take Petri off your hands. :)

Chi weighs almost as much as Gracie. Gracie has about 2 pounds on Chi though.

I do have to hijack this thread for a minute though....

My cat Cubby, when I took him in to get de-balled, they put him to sleep. They told me that they would give him his shots after he was all the way asleep, because he tried to rip their arm off just giving him the shot to knock his furry butt out. I said okay, just don't wake him up. If you think that display was bad, wait until you wake him up. So I called the vet to see how my baby was doing. All they said was next time you bring him in he better be wearing a muzzle.. I asked why. They said they gave him the shot while he was sleeping and he woke up and attacked the woman. I laughed and told them that I told her not to wake him up. I told them he can be very aggressive if you wake him up. He needs his sleep and gets very angry when he is rudly awoken with a needle above his butt. I also told them that if they don't know how to handle a cat then why the hell are they a vet? Cat's are so much smaller than dogs, and I warned them. I know what to expect out of my cat if they don't want to listen to me well then let them get attacked.

Okay I am done hijacking your thread. Petri reminded me of my Cubby. :D And the colors almost match. :)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Cubby the ferocious wildcat!! LOL, the poor vet techs!!!

*pats Chi on the head* Good Job Chi!!! That's my girl!!

*shakes finger (out of reach of Petri) at Petri* Shame on you!! No dead nasty fishy treats tonight!!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Gracie's_Mom said:
Lol. I still have some of those. I give them to Cubby every now and then. I stopped giving them to Gracie after she tried to rip my finger off trying to get it out of my hand. :)

Ha, I had to buy more! I found them in the cat section at PSplus, although my cats don't really dig them... But I think that Lexus would stand on her head and recite the Pledge of Allegience while dancing the electric slide if it could earn her one! :jonkel:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts