Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
🐾 Hi all! I’m new to the community and have a question. I live just south of Jacksonville, FL and would like to find a vet who specializes in Doberman Pinschers. Can anyone please share a recommendation? Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
🐾 Hi all! I’m new to the community and have a question. I live just south of Jacksonville, FL and would like to find a vet who specializes in Doberman Pinschers. Can anyone please share a recommendation? Thank you in advance.
I've been in Dobes since 1959 and I was hoping that maybe the was someone in Florida who actually knew of a vet who had some degree of familiarity with a vet who had several Dobes as patients.

Guess no--and frankly with nearly no exceptions I don't know any vets who really specialize in Dobes.

There are some exceptions. There are some vets who are breeders, or judges or used to breed Dobes. There are some vets who have techs working for them who are breeders or have Dobes and know quite a lot about them. The clinic where I work (and have worked for 16 years--I'm trying to retire but still come in on Sundays and Holidays to deal with boarders and the clinic cats but at least some of our vets are pretty knowledgeable about Dobes because they had to deal with me and my dogs for the last 16 years.

I'm so far removed from Florida (west coast Portland, Oregon. That means I'm no help. But if I was in Florida I'd probably contact the Doberman Pinscher Club of Florida--look that up on the DPCA of America--the have a listing of the ChapterClub and you get a phone number, at least, for you to ask if they have recommendations.

Good Luck.

dobebug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts