Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this on my facebook but decided to share here as well..... Velma is 9 years old and when we are gone she normally has the run of the house while Louise has the run of the finished basement and Harvard is crated. A couple of days ago I picked up my girls from swim practice and took them out to dinner (hubby was out of town).... so was gone for a couple of hours.

I forgot to close the pantry door.... this is what we found when we got home....

... Here is the culprit..... she doesn't look TOO guilty - LOL! She would not even look at me! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see how she did this!

In the two hours I was gone, she stole at least 17 packages of nature valley granola bars out of a big costco box of them, took each package into the family room and ate them. Each pack has two granola bars - so she ate at least 34 granola bars! She did not eat one bit of packaging and the rest of the remaining packs were still neatly lined up in the box.

I am thankful that I had a gastropexy done when she was spayed so she could not torsion if she bloated. Other than the fact that she was very thirsty after all that fiber, she was fine. Called my vet and gave her a pepsid - he and I were both laughing on the phone.

Yesterday she pooped pure granola - It didn't even smell like poop! Today she is totally back to normal - gotta love her!

·
joie de vivre
11,271 Posts
LMAO!! That is hilarious!

I love the pics. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
LOL - look at the face - SO GUILTY!! :cheeseygrin:

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
Oh Velma! Thats too much fiber in one sitting sweetheart! The pic of her is PRICELESS! At least she didn't leave too much of a mess for you too clean up :) I'm glad that she didn't suffer any ill effects from her raid on your pantry. Bless her precious heart!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Oh that pic looks just like Luci when I caught her grabbing an apple core out of the garbage. So glad she didn't suffer any sickness from her little pantry raid. What a sweetheart.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I am glad that she seems to be ok -- that's a lot of granola bars to consume in one sitting, LOL. Love the photographic evidence!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
LOL while i was at the nationals i got a text message from my mom asking if i had almonds in my apartment- Saph was pooping out whole almonds.

·
Super Moderator
21,878 Posts
Holy cow, that's a lot of granola! Glad she's okay!

·
Mom of the Herd
238 Posts
:emo4: Glad she's ok after that many, that look on her face is priceless. U would have know who did it even without the wrappers, just by the guilty look!!!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
At least she picked something healthy! Imagine the crazed lady you'd have on your hand if she got into some sugar-laden post-Halloween treat!

I'm glad she's ok after her sneaky snacks. :):clap:

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
My cocker did something similar once. Except she pushed a kitchen chair to the counter, climbed onto the counter, opened the cabinet door, and stole my ENTIRE freaking box of Thin Mints.

I got a child lock the next day :grinball2:

The poop was epic and explosive.

·
Registered
174 Posts
HAHAHAHA! Guilty, guilty, guilty written all over her face! Glad she is ok, maybe she learned her lesson from all the granola poo :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts