Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is finally happening....my baby is starting to Velcro to my side 24/7....and I'm loving it! I was really missing this since losing Uno and Mason.

:biggrin55

Carol ox

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with the velcro thing. Rommel and Ziris both HAVE to accompany me to the bathroom. Closing the door does no good, because they can open it. (Rommel taught Ziris) Ziris is even worse than Rommel I think. At LEAST 3 times a day, I almost fall on my face. She walks behind me so closely that she steps on the heel of my flip flop and I stumble forward. I am CONSTANTLY tripping over her. She lays on top of my feet while Im on the computer, and Rommel lays behind my chair. So, If I want to move at all, I have to pull my feet out from under her, then inch my way out of the chair so I dont smash Rommel. Its great :)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Yep, I love it when they are like that :)

Orson has started to do it to my husband more often than me, and I'm like "what the heck? I feed you, walk you, buy your toys, and you sleep on MY feet!!" I am not ashamed to say it makes me just a tad jealous, hehehehe.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I have a love/hate relationship with the velcro thing. Rommel and Ziris both HAVE to accompany me to the bathroom. Closing the door does no good, because they can open it. (Rommel taught Ziris) Ziris is even worse than Rommel I think. At LEAST 3 times a day, I almost fall on my face. She walks behind me so closely that she steps on the heel of my flip flop and I stumble forward. I am CONSTANTLY tripping over her. She lays on top of my feet while Im on the computer, and Rommel lays behind my chair. So, If I want to move at all, I have to pull my feet out from under her, then inch my way out of the chair so I dont smash Rommel. Its great :)
OH Yeah!! I forgot about the bathroom thing! (how could I) but that is a privilege set aside for me alone..........Orson does not feel the need to protect Kevin in the bathroom, LOL

·
Registered
891 Posts
I had one so velcro that when I took a shower she would peek around the curtain at me!!! I trip over mine all the time, Gadget was the worst about stepping on my heels though.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess is a velcro dog...but she likes her alone time too laying in a bed. but if we are up and about she is always by our side. and when we eat dinner she sits right next to us with her body leaned up against our leg lol.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Mansen was major velcro, Cleo was a lot like Duchess sounds. She loved being near you but would take some private time for herself. Every night she would do the guard the door thing and then lay off on her own. She would sleep beside the bed, but not on until one of us got up.

Jordan has been total velcro with me and my son since we brought him home and is starting to make his rounds with other members of the family and he's always followed Summer around too, but only if mommy follows. He's already crowding our bed because he has to sleep with his legs straight out.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I know I'm crazy but I would love to have a total velcro.

Right now, Nike likes knowing where I am and will follow me around but she's not glued to me.

Ditto with *******. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Jess, I think that is the case, at least from what I've lived with. Now, sweetness, was my girl and she was always so gentle.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have only had one male, he was as sweet and velcro as any of my girls. He was 95lbs and thought he was a lapdog too. I think it has to do with the dog.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been lucky in this life having had several totally devoted male dogs as my constant companions. I was worried Petey was more into hubby, having only been exposed to the breeder for his early weeks, he bonded with hubby instantly....well that is changing! He is my dog, I do everything for him, the long hikes and training really help and being the only female in a house full of testosterone.....Petey is starting to follow me everywhere! I love it! It used to drive me crazy when my Weims did it, and then I lost them both so young and sudden....I now have more value for that kind of devotion!

Petey is just soooo awesome, I can't even imagine how he will be as an adult, I truly know why my other dogs are gone....I was meant to have this beautiful boy.

Thank you all for your wonderful experiences....this forum has been such a blessing and so much fun. I enjoy sharing my boys growing up with you all. And him growing into those...Damn EARS, I know you are all rooting for us! Thanks for the support!

Carol ox

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Both of my kids are velcro but Titus more so than Jada. She too likes her alone time but not Titus. He wants to be with me and my husband all of the time. And yes I have to kick them out of the bathroom also. I close the door and the Titus will lay down right outside the door and pout and whine. So much for alone time. :)

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Good for Petey! I also have a love/hate relationship with the velcro. I love my momma's boy to death. But boy it gets irritating sometimes when he ALWAYS has to be touching you and staring at you. The look of devotion. Head on your lap watching and gazing at you. Sitting between your legs, on your lap. One part at all times touching you. I love that sense of knowing that he is always there. Tripping you when you back up. Following every step that you take. Harmony's the same, but if there was a man in her life, she would be a daddy's a girl.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
The look of devotion. Head on your lap watching and gazing at you. Sitting between your legs, on your lap. One part at all times touching you.
Haha Duchess does that EXTREMELY to my boyfriend lol. I joke around that she has a crush on Matt lol. She is a velcro to me but she is extremely velcro to matt and would be a "Daddy's girl" too lol.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Carol, I know exactly what you mean. You always fail to count your blessings when you have them. My husband and I both lay in bed at night laughing at who gets the legs in the gut or back and who gets the doggy breath in the face. We've yet to complain once, we just know how much you miss it and we're so glad to have it again.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Carol, I know exactly what you mean. You always fail to count your blessings when you have them. My husband and I both lay in bed at night laughing at who gets the legs in the gut or back and who gets the doggy breath in the face. We've yet to complain once, we just know how much you miss it and we're so glad to have it again.
Ha ha ha....that's how it was for us too....and then we moved him to his own bed, and now we want him to cuddle before bed....forget it...he prefers to fall asleep alone in his bed sucking on his blankie! The blankie belonged to my Weimaraner Uno, and then we gave it to Mason the night after Uno was put down, and I got Petey only 10 days after losing Mason...I gave it to Petey that day, makes me happy he is so attached to it!

Carol

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
actually now that i realize it...duchess is only a velcro dog when she wants to be lol I realize there are times where she is very independent and could care less about what im doing...but other times where she just wants to gaze into my eyes and sit next to me for some pats or sit on my lap with her butt practically in my face

but then when we use to go to the dog park she would rather be by my side or walking close by and only once and awhile running around big time with another dog. but then she would look at me and sprint right back once she realized how far she has gotten from me lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts