Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago Iris almost lost her eye on the prongs that are used to close the gate on the varikennel. It was a freak accident that happened while she was turning around quickly and she got the prong caught in her eye socket. She nearly tipped the whole crate over. Needless to say i was mortified. We had the vet look at her and she is fine . She had a swollen eye for a few days and that was the extent of it ,thankfully. We had been leaving the gate open since she likes going in and out of the crate at will during the day for her naps. We now fold a bath towel over the gate while it is open to prevent this from happening again. I just wanted to put this out there so that someone else might not have this happen to them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Gotta say I probably felt worse than she did and it could have been alot worse. I just hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
I am new here but why don't you take the door off altogether. I think with these crates they can just pop off easily correct ?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Oh my, what a close call that Iris didn't get injured worse... Thank goodness. I will make a point to make sure the latches are fully opened so they don't stick out either.

I tell ya, these dobes find trouble in the least likely of places sometimes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, removing the door at this point is not an option, Iris at 7 months old would make mincemeat of my house when I have to leave her alone if she couldn't be kenneled. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts