Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a Dobe female almost 5 months old. She has had 3 UTIs since we got her in December. I told my husband I thinks she's onto #4 and he'll be calling the vet tomorrow. Has anyone ever had this problem?. She always has plenty of water and we feed her Purina Pro-Health.

2 weeks ago we left at the the vet so they could test her urine to make sure it's clean and it was. She has the symptoms again ( squatting and dribbling). Is this common? Any suggestions?

btw, not sure if this should've gone under puppy or health, so forgive me.

·
Whippet Up
1,588 Posts
We have a Dobe female almost 5 months old. She has had 3 UTIs since we got her in December. I told my husband I thinks she's onto #4 and he'll be calling the vet tomorrow. Has anyone ever had this problem?. She always has plenty of water and we feed her Purina Pro-Health.

2 weeks ago we left at the the vet so they could test her urine to make sure it's clean and it was. She has the symptoms again ( squatting and dribbling). Is this common? Any suggestions?

btw, not sure if this should've gone under puppy or health, so forgive me.
It is very common in puppy bitches. Many times letting a bitch who has frequent UTI's go through one season alleviates the problem. The hormonal changes seem to make a difference.

Reactions: mmctaq

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
After the vet checks her out sometimes they need to change the antibiotics also might not hurt to give her cranberry capsules. Good Luck at the vets.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,428 Posts
In addition to changing an antibiotic they might also have her take them for a longer period of time than is usual. Have they done a culture and sensitivity to see exactly which bacteria type she has and what antibiotic it is susceptible to? After several infections in a row, that might be warranted (but I'm not a vet--still, it wouldn't hurt to ask what they think is going on and if you need to change anything to stop the cycle of recurrent infections.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts