Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cross-posting this here. I can drive to Tucson to pick this boy up however I cannot keep him and he would need a foster. Any suggestions? He is only 1 yr old and I cannot bear the thought that today is his last day w/o trying everything to save him.

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Tucson, AZ | Titian - URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA :: I feel so helpless and not sure of the protocol involved with rescuing Dobes. So, if this is out of line or I did something wrong, my apologies.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I just pm'd you about someone looking. Please go get him. I will help you find a home for him. I can't stand this. I promise to help.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I will help pay for your gas if you go get him.
Thank you so much for the offer! Gas is not important and my only concern is that because I'm not a rescue, I don't know that I can pull him unless I adopt him. I literally just moved here from CO and worked with the Dobe Rescue of Colorado, but am new to this area and don't have any connections. Plus, I live in an apartment with a small dog and this boy is food aggressive.

I need a rescue or adopter to make contact w/ this shelter - that is the only way he can be saved.

I got your PM and I'll send an email to them. :)

Thank you!!

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Word from DAN :: "Jen Dicoxea is at the shelter right now evaluating this boy- she will pull him if someone can foster him."

OMG - we just now need a FOSTER. Anybody?? I feel so stinking helpless that I'm not in CO at the moment where I still have my house and could take him.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Email also sent to Doberman Rescue of Colorado. If Chuck is willing to take this boy in, I will drive to Albuquerque if I have to and will have my husband meet me there.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Per DAN :: "his time will NOT be extended- he needs a foster commitment NOW- he has less than 2 hours left- he is in the euthanasia bay right now- this is URGENT!"

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I thought you were in Colorado and going to drive to Arizona. I just cannot bear this. I'm going to go hold my Taylor and pretend I'm holding this guy at 7. I can no longer read these links or the abuse links. I'm sick over these animals. I will gladly pay someone to keep him until we can find him a home and I will help look.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I had to sneak back and look. You are amazing. I pm'd my telephone number and I will help. I know that little guy thanks you. This thread really bothered me. Bless you for not giving up.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here is sweet Titan aka Adobe (new name).

He is resting comfortably in the back of my car on his way back to Phoenix. He has a bit of Rottie (eyes) in him, but his demeanor is all Dobe. :) He LOVES to lean into you to grab a little bit o' lovin' from his humans.

He is so very sweet, loves to give kisses however is on the thinner side.

Here's to you sweet boy - never again will you be scared or alone.

:beer:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Awww, what a sweetie! Wishing him all the best, soooo glad you were able to rescue him my heart sank when I saw this thread but now I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy :D

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wanted to let you guys know that so far, Adobe has settled nicely into his foster home, and LOVES his fur-brother, Dexter (boxer mix). If all continues to go well, the foster (my sister and her girlfriend) will be adopting Adobe permanently into their home.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,580 Posts
Thank you so much for saving this guy!! I was stressed reading this thread. I knew he looked like he had some rottie in him. This was also deja vu for me because there was a little guy that looked a lot like Adobe in the pound in my area in February. I fostered him for a weekend and had to get him into a dobe rescue because he was going to be PTS. I couldn't keep him but I couldn't let him go like that either. Please thank your sister and partner!!:butfly:

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you so much for saving this guy!! I was stressed reading this thread. I knew he looked like he had some rottie in him. This was also deja vu for me because there was a little guy that looked a lot like Adobe in the pound in my area in February. I fostered him for a weekend and had to get him into a dobe rescue because he was going to be PTS. I couldn't keep him but I couldn't let him go like that either. Please thank your sister and partner!!:butfly:
I will most certainly thank them for you! They are over the moon excited to have Adobe, and I pray for continued peace for all of them.

I have to say that this is my first official "rescue" and was terrified we weren't going to make it work, based on location (He was in Tucson and we're in Phoenix). But there were a few individuals that stepped up and helped me when I needed it.

Looking back, I will remember how full my heart is today knowing that I chose to do something rather then do nothing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts