Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this posting on my facebook I belong to doberman rescue sites. So I thought I would share this. She looks very sad shes in Georgia. Please Please if you know of anyone that can help please go to the FACEBOOk web page "Wendy Moss". They are in desperate need to rescue you this adorable girl doberman. See below and pass this around!

By Wendy Moss - Facebook
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

You can also find her on Petfinder.com
We're trying to save this girl but have no available fosters. Please share and network her! If you're available to foster please email [email protected]. Thank you.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
First I want to say this girl has been adopted....

But not to disappoint but I doubt you will find many on DT that support Wendy... Since she so dislikes this place.....

bewareofdobermantalk
Wendy G. Moss - Doberman Rescue Alliance Inc.

Those who bash all breeders have lost sight of the fact that if breeders don't exist our chosen breeds become extinct. I dislike bad breeding practices as much as the next guy, but all breeders are not bad. At DT, unless you are a member of their little group, all other breeders are bad.

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
I also would like to know how the Doberman Rescue Alliance/Wendy Moss is able to pull a dog out of any shelter/animal control in Georgia. In order for a rescue to pull an unaltered dog from a shelter in Georgia you need to have a GA Department of Agriculture Shelter License. In some cases, if an animal is already spayed or neutered, some of the shelters may be able to process no-fee adoptions to reputable out-of-state 501c3 rescue organizations, but the DRAF is not a 501c3. I myself question how and what methods she is using to get dogs out of GA shelters. Some GA Licensed Groups are willing to work with out-of-state rescues to pull animals from our shelter on behalf of out-of-state rescues, but it dosen't seem like the DRAF is working with other rescues, so how is the DRAF getting dogs from GA?

ALWAYS DO YOUR HOMEWORK and make sure that the rescue that you are helping or trying to help is REPUTABLE.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joney's mom I didnt know that.

IM sorry If I offended anyone. I am only concerned about helping dogs get homes.

I want to adopt really bad but they all say "no" cause my dog is not nutured (spelling)?

I do not want to mate him, just am scared to drop him off for the procedure.

So what Im doing now is trying to help dobermans as much as I can.

How do you know that dobie was adopted? Just curious.

Thanks!

·
Kano's personal couch
275 Posts
I also would like to know how the Doberman Rescue Alliance/Wendy Moss is able to pull a dog out of any shelter/animal control in Georgia. In order for a rescue to pull an unaltered dog from a shelter in Georgia you need to have a GA Department of Agriculture Shelter License. In some cases, if an animal is already spayed or neutered, some of the shelters may be able to process no-fee adoptions to reputable out-of-state 501c3 rescue organizations, but the DRAF is not a 501c3. I myself question how and what methods she is using to get dogs out of GA shelters. Some GA Licensed Groups are willing to work with out-of-state rescues to pull animals from our shelter on behalf of out-of-state rescues, but it dosen't seem like the DRAF is working with other rescues, so how is the DRAF getting dogs from GA?

ALWAYS DO YOUR HOMEWORK and make sure that the rescue that you are helping or trying to help is REPUTABLE.

Just a heads up Astra, I happen to be a director for Doberman Rescue Alliance, and I physically have, right on my desk, the Georgia Department of Agriculture License for DRA which is also now incorporated in the state of Georgia. I did the paperwork myself. Maybe instead of posing a question on an internet forum to get a rise out of people so that they jump on the bandwagon with you, you should find out for sure what you're saying is true. To try and call a rescue not reputable without actual facts to back yourself up is only hurting the dogs we're trying so desperately to save.

While we do not yet have our 501c3 status simply because all of our funds have been going to our dogs, the paperwork is currently in process since we do understand how important that status is not only for us, but those who chose to support us.

And yes, Babe was adopted. I was in contact with Jane at the Atlanta Doberman Rescue about her as we were both desperately trying to find a foster in one of our rescues to be able to take her. Luckily, she happened to have the perfect person that was able to go ahead and get her.

·
Registered
343 Posts
"Those who bash all breeders have lost sight of the fact that if breeders don't exist our chosen breeds become extinct. I dislike bad breeding practices as much as the next guy, but all breeders are not bad. At DT, unless you are a member of their little group, all other breeders are bad."

Why, oh why, would someone with ANY interest in Doberman rescue stand behind a quote that is among those from "Kimbertal", "Dar's Dobes" "GuardianANgelK9" and "ExtremeDobermans"????

I would be disgusted and ashamed if anyone associated with my rescue stood behind a site that supports and enables established backyard breeders and puppy mills like those listed above.

Wow, just wow!

·
Kano's personal couch
275 Posts
"Those who bash all breeders have lost sight of the fact that if breeders don't exist our chosen breeds become extinct. I dislike bad breeding practices as much as the next guy, but all breeders are not bad. At DT, unless you are a member of their little group, all other breeders are bad."

Why, oh why, would someone with ANY interest in Doberman rescue stand behind a quote that is among those from "Kimbertal", "Dar's Dobes" "GuardianANgelK9" and "ExtremeDobermans"????

I would be disgusted and ashamed if anyone associated with my rescue stood behind a site that supports and enables established backyard breeders and puppy mills like those listed above.

Wow, just wow!
All I'll say regarding this is that I've spoken to Wendy at length about her stance on breeders before, and from what we talked about, she feels the same way that we do on this forum as a collective. Groups like Kimbertal, familydobes, etc. disgust her just as much as any of the members here. I mean, we're cleaning up their messes for Christ's sake. However, sometimes even good breeders who do all they're supposed to come under attack on here from misunderstandings or poor information. My girls breeder, Pamelot, who is a well known breeder that produces great dogs even came under fire in one thread because she also breeds one or two other breeds (ethically) very infrequently. That's where the "member of the little group" comment comes in, and I think anyone could get that perception from reading some of the threads on here, especially if the first section they fell into was the breeder thread. It takes quite a while of being on here and quite a bit of reading to understand that this site isn't exactly what it seems at first glance.

I find it disappointing that you would judge a person, and then lump in an entire rescue based on a quote that was made on a website. It may have been on a website that doesn't like this site, but that doesn't mean that someone is in cahoots with poor breeders. Especially when that quote quite plainly states that she dislikes poor breeding practices as well.

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
I didn't link Wendy's post to start a fight, Kalico knows that I dislike Wendy because of the flat out lies she has told me.

I only linked the quote because she has said things to people here on DT, and hasn't made many friends on this board, so I didn't want the Dobbie23 to worry when not everyone jumped through hoops trying to help Wendy out to get this girl.

Can't we all just agree she got a home and that is what matters

·
Kano's personal couch
275 Posts
Can't we all just agree she got a home and that is what matters
Yes, that is what matters. However, Astra implied that DRA was doing something sketchy or non-reputable to get the dogs in Georgia, saying we did not have a license to do so when we absolutly do. That needed to be corrected. I know you have your issues with Wendy, and that's between you and her, but I will absolutly defend the rescue I'm a part of should someone try and drag our name through the mud and put at risk not only the dogs we have now, but any future dogs we try and rescue.

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
seriously? You call one comment "under fire"? There are so many Pam supporters on this forum, including life long Doberman owners. That thread was from February 2010

http://www.dobermantalk.com/breeding-breeders/37435-pamelot-doberman-pinschers.html

I would never support a rescue organization that posted on BoDT- a site in support of BYB's and full of comments made by BYB's.

Did Wendy criticize Dobe Chat when she came under fire for her coated dobermans in Feb 2011? Didn't see that mentioned on BoDT.

Good grief....

However, sometimes even good breeders who do all they're supposed to come under attack on here from misunderstandings or poor information. My girls breeder, Pamelot, who is a well known breeder that produces great dogs even came under fire in one thread because she also breeds one or two other breeds (ethically) very infrequently. That's where the "member of the little group" comment comes in, and I think anyone could get that perception from reading some of the threads on here, especially if the first section they fell into was the breeder thread. It takes quite a while of being on here and quite a bit of reading to understand that this site isn't exactly what it seems at first glance.

·
Kano's personal couch
275 Posts
seriously? You call one comment "under fire"?
You missed my point. Yes, there are a ton of Pam supporters on this forum, I never denied that. However, I said that she, a good breeder, was also called into question because of a misunderstanding from one member. That was my point. That even top notch breeders get called into question sometimes. Yes, it's because of the passion people have on this forum, I know that. But not EVERYONE does. I was clueless when I joined, and it took me quite a while to understand how people here feel, and why.

And I'll say the same to you about your one comment remark. Although it was before I was involved with DRA, yes, Wendy posted on BoDT. WE as forum members know that it is supported by BYB and the like, however, the general public does NOT. They just assume it's people that don't like us, because let's face it, we're harsh because of our passion that not everyone shares. Not every Doberman owner and lover is a member of this forum, nor should they be. So you can't say that her one comment on a website, much like someones one comment on Pam, is all you need to judge someone. Wendy does not support BYB. NO ONE in our rescue does. Again, we spend our days cleaning up their mess, and holding their dogs as they die from diseases that these awful BYB bred into them. I myself have spoken out against several BYB on this site. As a rescue, DRA does not support BoDT, BYB, or anything else detrimental to the breed. No one is telling you to support us based on your personal opinion from a comment that you are reading into the wrong way, but there's no reason to start a crusade against us and put our current and any future Dobermans at any sort of risk. All we care about is the dogs we rescue. I would hope that the same would go for the people here.

·
Banned
35 Posts
I know Wendy personally and am a DRA director and she and our rescue do not, admantly, do not support BYB, puppy mills or unethical breeders of any sort. Our resuce strives to protect and support the Doberman Pinscher breed and to stop this sort of thing from happening. Education is the key to stopping them. Anyone on this forum is welcome to go to our website or our FB page and see exactly what we are doing and how many Dobies we have helped to find wonderful families that love them. We strive to be a transparent rescue with no hidden agenda or malice. Our adoption record speaks for itself. Fighting and arguing distracts and takes away from what we are trying to do. There will always be people out there that don't like something about a rescue but to bash them and take away from helping to find homes for our dogs does not help anyone. Please take your anger and make it a positive and find a rescue that you absolutely support and put your energies there. It is all about the Dobies in need for DRA.

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
My responses are in blue

Just a heads up Astra, I happen to be a director for Doberman Rescue Alliance, and I physically have, right on my desk, the Georgia Department of Agriculture License for DRA which is also now incorporated in the state of Georgia. I did the paperwork myself. Maybe instead of posing a question on an internet forum to get a rise out of people so that they jump on the bandwagon with you, you should find out for sure what you're saying is true. To try and call a rescue not reputable without actual facts to back yourself up is only hurting the dogs we're trying so desperately to save.

Kalico, I'd like to first start off by saying that I do not have any issues with you personally. As a matter of fact, I think that you are the best thing that could've ever happened to the DRAF and that they should be thrilled to have you as a member of their organization. I know that you do ALLOT for the DRAF and since you've become a member, there have been noticable improvements. You should be very proud of yourself and I truly mean that.

Can you please point out to me where in my post I said that the DRA did not have their GA Department of Agriculture license?

"I also would like to know how the Doberman Rescue Alliance/Wendy Moss is able to pull a dog out of any shelter/animal control in Georgia. In order for a rescue to pull an unaltered dog from a shelter in Georgia you need to have a GA Department of Agriculture Shelter License. In some cases, if an animal is already spayed or neutered, some of the shelters may be able to process no-fee adoptions to reputable out-of-state 501c3 rescue organizations, but the DRAF is not a 501c3. I myself question how and what methods she is using to get dogs out of GA shelters. Some GA Licensed Groups are willing to work with out-of-state rescues to pull animals from our shelter on behalf of out-of-state rescues, but it dosen't seem like the DRAF is working with other rescues, so how is the DRAF getting dogs from GA?"

I may have questioned whether or not they did, but I did not state that the DRA did not have their GA license. Thank you for taking the time to inform me that the DRA now does in fact have their GA license.

I did take the time to call the GA Department of Agriculture myself today and was told that the license was issued on 3/13/2012. I was also informed that YOU (Kalico) applied for the license for the DRA, used your address and it was your home that was inspected in order to obtain the license. I'd like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind. And for the record the reason that I am asking you these questions and not Wendy Moss herself is because any time that I have asked her questions in the past, they have went unanswered and ignored. I appreciate your willingness to answer questions calmly and factually Kalico.

* When did the Doberman Rescue Alliance change its name for the Doberman Rescue Alliance of Florida to just the Doberman Rescue Alliance? And why did the organization decide to do this?

*The DRA has taken an interest in helping dogs in GA prior to 3/13/12 when the GA Dept of AG license was obtained. Can you please tell me if prior to 3/13/12 the DRA/DRAF saved any dogs from any shelters/animal controls in GA? If the answer is yes, can you please tell me how this was done since prior to 3/13/12 the DRA/DRAF did not have their GA license.

I applaud your dedication to the DRA. I'll even go as far to say that you are a better person than I am in regards to obtaining a license for an organization under your own name and residence. I would never do that due to the liability that can sometimes be associated with rescue so kudos to you.

While we do not yet have our 501c3 status simply because all of our funds have been going to our dogs, the paperwork is currently in process since we do understand how important that status is not only for us, but those who chose to support us.

I am very happy to hear that the DRA is trying to obtain their 501c3 status.

And yes, Babe was adopted. I was in contact with Jane at the Atlanta Doberman Rescue about her as we were both desperately trying to find a foster in one of our rescues to be able to take her. Luckily, she happened to have the perfect person that was able to go ahead and get her.
It is good to hear that you are networking with ADR. They are a reputable Doberman rescue and the only Doberman specific rescue in the Atlanta, GA area.

Yes, that is what matters. However, Astra implied that DRA was doing something sketchy or non-reputable to get the dogs in Georgia, saying we did not have a license to do so when we absolutly do. That needed to be corrected. I know you have your issues with Wendy, and that's between you and her, but I will absolutly defend the rescue I'm a part of should someone try and drag our name through the mud and put at risk not only the dogs we have now, but any future dogs we try and rescue.
Please do not put words in my mouth or take it upon yourself to take my words and twist them. I didn't imply anything, I simply asked questions and stated a fact that the DRA does not have their 501c3 at this point in time. You stated the fact that the DRA does indeed now have their GA Department of Agriculture license, effective 3/13/12, and I thank you for doing so.

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
I know Wendy personally and am a DRA director and she and our rescue do not, admantly, do not support BYB, puppy mills or unethical breeders of any sort. Our resuce strives to protect and support the Doberman Pinscher breed and to stop this sort of thing from happening. Education is the key to stopping them. Anyone on this forum is welcome to go to our website or our FB page and see exactly what we are doing and how many Dobies we have helped to find wonderful families that love them. We strive to be a transparent rescue with no hidden agenda or malice. Our adoption record speaks for itself. Fighting and arguing distracts and takes away from what we are trying to do. There will always be people out there that don't like something about a rescue but to bash them and take away from helping to find homes for our dogs does not help anyone. Please take your anger and make it a positive and find a rescue that you absolutely support and put your energies there. It is all about the Dobies in need for DRA.
Since you know Wendy personally, perhaps you could have a heart to heart with her and tell her that she may want to go through her "friends" list on her personal Facebook page. I hope you understand why people may be confused as to whether the statement that I bolded is true, when a quick glance at her friends list brought up the names of these 2 BYB/Greeders

Michaelene Geesaman of MijnSchatje Dobermans http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...ngjT9GN8FcrMo7uDA&sig2=Rkffw3zhpSAMpg4j7exyjw

and

Alan E. Ott of Doberman Acres of Georgia http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...pUaePOKT1iLZkPJwA&sig2=m5oANVkOxxrhLW9-Ckn40w

and another

Wild Bill of Extreme Dobermans http://www.extremedobermans.com/

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
You missed my point as well. For someone supposedly so involved with rescue why on earth would you make a comment like that BoDT, a site that touts itself as breeding as their livelihood. Why even be associated with the byb drama?

IMO, posting on BoDT is in fact in support of their 'mission'.

You missed my point. Yes, there are a ton of Pam supporters on this forum, I never denied that. However, I said that she, a good breeder, was also called into question because of a misunderstanding from one member. That was my point. That even top notch breeders get called into question sometimes. Yes, it's because of the passion people have on this forum, I know that. But not EVERYONE does. I was clueless when I joined, and it took me quite a while to understand how people here feel, and why.

And I'll say the same to you about your one comment remark. Although it was before I was involved with DRA, yes, Wendy posted on BoDT. WE as forum members know that it is supported by BYB and the like, however, the general public does NOT. They just assume it's people that don't like us, because let's face it, we're harsh because of our passion that not everyone shares. Not every Doberman owner and lover is a member of this forum, nor should they be. So you can't say that her one comment on a website, much like someones one comment on Pam, is all you need to judge someone. Wendy does not support BYB. NO ONE in our rescue does. Again, we spend our days cleaning up their mess, and holding their dogs as they die from diseases that these awful BYB bred into them. I myself have spoken out against several BYB on this site. As a rescue, DRA does not support BoDT, BYB, or anything else detrimental to the breed. No one is telling you to support us based on your personal opinion from a comment that you are reading into the wrong way, but there's no reason to start a crusade against us and put our current and any future Dobermans at any sort of risk. All we care about is the dogs we rescue. I would hope that the same would go for the people here.

·
Kano's personal couch
275 Posts
I'd be happy to. Mine are in Red.

My responses are in blue

Kalico, I'd like to first start off by saying that I do not have any issues with you personally. As a matter of fact, I think that you are the best thing that could've ever happened to the DRAF and that they should be thrilled to have you as a member of their organization. I know that you do ALLOT for the DRAF and since you've become a member, there have been noticable improvements. You should be very proud of yourself and I truly mean that.

Can you please point out to me where in my post I said that the DRA did not have their GA Department of Agriculture license?

I had said it was implyed. The way you worded your statement asking how we could be pulling dogs since we would need to have a GA license to do so, infered that. You did not state it outright, but the way it was worded implied that. Honestly your entire comment was unnecessary as the whole point was to clearly try and make us seem less credible then we are. Had you genuinly had a question about it, you wouldn't have felt the need to follow up with "ALWAYS DO YOUR HOMEWORK and make sure that the rescue that you are helping or trying to help is REPUTABLE.", you would have just asked the question "Did DRA get a license to pull in Georgia?" and left it at that, or just called the GA Dept of Agriculture in the first place to verify before making your post. You were easily able to do it to confirm it after I said we did have it, so you could have easily done the same before making your previous post and trying to make us look bad.

"I also would like to know how the Doberman Rescue Alliance/Wendy Moss is able to pull a dog out of any shelter/animal control in Georgia. In order for a rescue to pull an unaltered dog from a shelter in Georgia you need to have a GA Department of Agriculture Shelter License. In some cases, if an animal is already spayed or neutered, some of the shelters may be able to process no-fee adoptions to reputable out-of-state 501c3 rescue organizations, but the DRAF is not a 501c3. I myself question how and what methods she is using to get dogs out of GA shelters. Some GA Licensed Groups are willing to work with out-of-state rescues to pull animals from our shelter on behalf of out-of-state rescues, but it dosen't seem like the DRAF is working with other rescues, so how is the DRAF getting dogs from GA?"

I may have questioned whether or not they did, but I did not state that the DRA did not have their GA license. Thank you for taking the time to inform me that the DRA now does in fact have their GA license.

I did take the time to call the GA Department of Agriculture myself today and was told that the license was issued on 3/13/2012. I was also informed that YOU (Kalico) applied for the license for the DRA, used your address and it was your home that was inspected in order to obtain the license. I'd like to ask you a few questions if you don't mind. And for the record the reason that I am asking you these questions and not Wendy Moss herself is because any time that I have asked her questions in the past, they have went unanswered and ignored. I appreciate your willingness to answer questions calmly and factually Kalico.

* When did the Doberman Rescue Alliance change its name for the Doberman Rescue Alliance of Florida to just the Doberman Rescue Alliance? And why did the organization decide to do this?
The DRA was incorporated as "The Doberman Rescue Alliance, Inc." in Florida first, and then followed suit in Georgia in my name. From what I would gather and what I understand, it was called "of Florida" on Fcebook to differentiate ourselves from another Doberman Rescue on Facebook that is unaffiliated in another state. We used to use the tagline "a florida non-profit corporation" under our logo, and still have it up on our website as I haven't had the time to change it, but other than on facebook, to my knowledge, we have always referred to ourselves as the Doberman Rescue Alliance, Inc. as is on all our paperwork, letterheads, business cards etc.

*The DRA has taken an interest in helping dogs in GA prior to 3/13/12 when the GA Dept of AG license was obtained. Can you please tell me if prior to 3/13/12 the DRA/DRAF saved any dogs from any shelters/animal controls in GA? If the answer is yes, can you please tell me how this was done since prior to 3/13/12 the DRA/DRAF did not have their GA license.
Yes, we pulled the three girls from LaGrange with the help of the LaGrange Humane Society. We did not yet have our GA Dept of Agr license which is why we had the help of the humane society to pull them. LaGrange also did not require a GA Dept license, and was satisfied with our Florida license since that was where the dogs would be transported to. All dogs crossed the borders legally with health certificates. I picked them up with their paperwork myself, and drove them the first leg of the trip. They were the first and only dogs to be rescued/pulled from a Georgia shelter before our license.

Zeus was an owner surrender that I picked up from the owners home, took to the vet, obtained a health certificate for, and handed off for transport after he spent the night with us.

Lexi was also an owner surrender.

I applaud your dedication to the DRA. I'll even go as far to say that you are a better person than I am in regards to obtaining a license for an organization under your own name and residence. I would never do that due to the liability that can sometimes be associated with rescue so kudos to you.

Because of all the dogs in Georgia and the fact that we DID have an interest in rescuing them, we decided to expand.
The only improvements I made to DRA were the visual and design-related ones. I've had nothing to do with policy or anything like that. I created the website, logo, etc. and have done some things related to getting products to sell like the cafepress shop, but thats about it. You're giving me a lot more credit than I deserve or have earned. I responded on my phone, so hopefully there aren't too many spelling errors. I apologize if there are.

·
Kano's personal couch
275 Posts
If there's any other questions any one has abut DRA or our policies, where our dogs came from, etc. they can look at our website. We maintain a policy of transparency, and any info we have is on our site (so long as I've been able to update it in a timely manner). If you have questions about anything that is NOT on our website, you can email one of us. This isn't the place for this kind of thing, so I'm not going to reply to this thread further.

I appreciate and understand everyones concerns since you all love Dobermans as much as we do, but let's just take it off the forum from this point on. It's gone well off topic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.