Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I just wanted to post an update on Hudson! His ears are turning out much better now, I think I just wasn't pulling up while taping before. I'm not a fan of how much bell he has at the bottom, but I suppose he will grow into his ears later on. Anyway, he's 15 weeks old today!

Previous ear post can be found here:
http://www.dobermantalk.com/ear-cropping-posting/271385-ear-posting-inquiry.html

Question, how do you know when to stop posting? His right ear cartilage is pretty firm, but I don't want to stop taping and be wrong and have to tape even longer! Any feedback would be great, thank you!

·
Squirrel Wrangler
144 Posts
Most people recommend posting until 6-7 months at least, after they're done teething. From there, it's a judgement call on cartilage firmness and constant vigilance to make sure they don't flop, which sets you back even further. People will also recommend that even when you think they're done, just keep posting for another couple weeks just to be sure, you don't want all that hard work to be for nothing! Disclaimer: I have zero posting experience, my pup won't be ready to come home for another 3 weeks, just echoing what others have said on other posting threads.

RE the large bell, I think that is just the result of his crop job, and I'm not sure if he'll grow into them, but I think Hudson is super cute just the way he is!

·
Got mutt?
13,768 Posts
Most pups need to be posted until they are done teething, at around six or seven months, although some need to be posted considerably longer, and some don't need to be posted more than a few times (not as common as needing to go longer, though). A good rule is "once you think they are done, post a couple more weeks".

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I suggest posting through teething as the cartilage gets softer during that time. I would also give 500mg of Vitamin C as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts