Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would post an update on Asher. We have done many tests on him. OH the tests in the past weeks! He is very tired of seeing of vets office. He knows the trip and when we get close, whines that he doesn't want to be there. Poor guy. I feel terrible for him. Anywho. I guess there are good things and not so good things. Most of the tests came out normal. He has turned into a puppy pin cushion. They still don't know what caused the bleeding. But I guess it was so minimal that it should not have caused the spell that it did. That is the bad news. After talking with the vets, they have been doing cardiac workups on him. More tests, fun. He is borderline for DCM. They think that is what caused him to collapse and need all of the other things. Good thing is that his ECG came back normal. They took two to be sure and verify his heart rate. It was low. So we are testing a holter to be sure. Have to wait for those results to come back. On the low heart rate, they ran his thyroid to check, that also came back borderline low. I am tired of this borderline. So he has started Soloxine for that. We just checked it again to see if it is helping. He is getting started on Digoxin and we will wait for the results of the holter to make sure that he doesn't need anything for arrythmias. Hopefully he responds well to the treatment and can play more with the other pooches. He is very bored with me. I am so very lucky that he made it through that weekend, and we take everyday as it comes. He is definately not through with his tests yet. They have to fine tune everything. He just wishes they were done with.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hey let's be positive DD he made it through THAT weekend, so positive #1, he wants to play which is positive #2,the tests that are being done are being done to a "live"dobe, positive #3,he has someone who cares for him deeply enough to have the tests, positive #4,need i say more,let's hope he keeps on the up!!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Brum. I try to be as positive as I can. I try to do the best I can for them. I'd do anything for these guys.

On the up, his recent thyroid test came back perfect. So it is treated adequately currently. So we just wait for the holter results.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Im staying positive too! but it reminds everyone to appreciate and show your dobes you love them everyday just because there awesome! :) Give Asher a big hug from me and Duchess and keep us updated...Everything will get better since you caught it early and doing everything you can about it:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts