Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some know i had to have jacks one ear posted due to pocketing which i took the tape off yesturday morning so it can breath and what not, tonight i noticed that it started flopping foward and being a little flimsy, im not sure what other ears look like when they start flopping but i put jacks ear back up just in case. I think his right ear is gonna be the pain in the bott one heh. his left ear is doing excellant by the way still standing straight and tall.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Rommel's is the exact opposite....I posted his back up today. He is teething pretty bad and his started to "lean, then flop, then stand" so........up they go!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
don't ask me why - murreydobe is smart and may knowthe answer to this kind of stuff, but for some reason once these doberkids start teething, their ears flop

cc

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
TracyJo said:
A sheltie friend of mine told me it has something to do with the calcium in the teeth effecting the cartilidge in the ear or something like that.... I'm a lot of help, aren't I??? LOL
That's what I've always been told. Sometimes their ears will take a step backwards during teething, sometimes they don't.

With Jack, I'd keep his ears posted pretty consistently for at least a couple of weeks now, rather than giving the ear the opportunity to droop again. I'd leave the posts in for about 5 days, then take them down, clean them out and repost.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.