Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think I am back to my regular Doberman talk times again. Sorry it has been so long. Also thank you all for the thoughtful pms. :) I have been so busy and in a lot of pain over the last week or two. I get my car back next week. Thank God!! I can't wait. I miss my car so much. Although I do have my father in laws car. We also got an estimate from our insurance company. It is going to cost them (insurance company) $5,100 to fix my car. Just also want to say thank God I don't have to pay that out of pocket. :)

Now for the Gracie update. As of November 30th we have had Gracie for 1 year! She is an amazing dog, with loads of personality. (some times to much for her own good) She is smart, funny, friendly, and most of all very loving. I can't believe it has already been a year. This year has gone by so slow at times with her. Through the many battles we have had with her and so many good days and times. I can't way for this next year to fly by.. Happy anniversary pretty girl!!

Also Gracie's recall all the sudden isn't working. Now what do you do when you are in the yard and call and she runs in a differant direction? I went to go get her and bring her inside but her long legs can run so much faster than mine. This has been happening for the last few days. I have stepped up her training, but so far it isn't working. It has worked in the past when she forgets what 'come' means. So I think next time I take her out I am going to hook her 30 foot leash on her and work on come until she gets it.

Gracie is no longer allowed on the big bed, until she can get a few things worked out. Every now and then she goes through a phase of trying to be the alpha dog. Which she has been able to become the alpha in the past, but since her training she hasn't. So she is no longer allowed on the bed, she is also only allowed on the couch when we tell her it's okay. (Still working on that one.) :)

Well I think that is about all for my update. I have missed all of you so much over the past few weeks. :) I am trying to get caught up on threads and all the new people. It will probably take me a few days to get caught up but that's okay. :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
It's gonna be Nice to get your Car back thats for sure to put all this hassle and what not behind good luck with Gracie to im sure it will work out fine. I was wondering where you have been its felt a little different on here to me theres lots of new people and the christmas theme on the site lol idk maybe im crazy

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Well, welcome back.. we missed you.. I hope the repairs on your car went good.. Happy Anniversary to you and Gracie.. I hope that the training starts to work out better.. good luck

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Welcome back GM. I hope you sort out your car trouble ASAP. :(

Congrats on the 1 year with Gracie too, just keep on her, every day is a new battle. :)

TD

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
:bluegrab: :vomit-smi : :coffee: :chickenfa: :blahblah: :samurai:

Welcome back GraciesMom!!!! I've missed you ever so much.
I'm so glad that your insurance is covering all of your car and you don't have to worry about the financial problems associated with the Kamakazi deer as much.
I think putting the leash on Gracie is a good idea to help with the recall. Good luck and let us know how it's going.

Don't cha just luv all the new smilies???

·
Registered
365 Posts
WELCOME BACK G-M

Is young Gracie possibly taking advantage of an injured Mum at the moment?
You know how clever they can be.... Sorry, can't give any advice, will leave it to those who are better equipped. Good to see you're on the road to recovery. Happy belated anniversary for Gracie.:)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Hi GM!!! I've missed you like crazy!!! Hey you should pick up "Culture Clash", it might give you some surprising insights on Gracie's behaviour. But no matter what, she's your baby girl (just a bad girl once in a while!!)

Glad to know we'll be hearing from you more around here!

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went and looked for Culture Clash, the had to order it for me. :) I do plan on getting it. I hate my book store though. They say they will order it but when it comes time to order they forget. So I will be trying a few other stores around here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts