Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally! got my new camera, so I took a few pictures today.

Continuous shot is my favorite!!!

Prepping for take off

And then a few of her just standing around like a lazy bum ;)

And a few of the clinic cats milling around while I tested it out, the following were sans flash and in low lighting without lights and shades drawn! God I love this thing already!!

Alf and Rudy

Rudy

Alf

And our newest little Christmas doorstep drop off(plus a rehomed brother), full of some extreme confidence and curiosity
Tribble, estimated at 5 mo. old

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great shots! I just love Mabel. She's such a pretty girll
And I love diesel! He is such a handsome lil boy!! Oh the play dates they would have! :roflmao:

Stay tuned for more in the very near future, I see a photo shoot and a mass photo dump by this weekend! Fingers crossed for action weaving shots to enter for the calendar! And some of the rest of the work gang too :)

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
And I love diesel! He is such a handsome lil boy!! Oh the play dates they would have! :roflmao:

Stay tuned for more in the very near future, I see a photo shoot and a mass photo dump by this weekend! Fingers crossed for action weaving shots to enter for the calendar! And some of the rest of the work gang too :)
Thank you :) they would have a blast together!

Now you can give me photo tips! Yay! Can't wait to see more pics of one of my favorite dobies.

Btw how did you get her to do that?

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the succession of those photos, lol!
Thanks! I was trying for some beautiful stills.....but unlike driezhen it doesn't seem she knows how to sit still when I need it lol. I have a longer one where she goes up back down then up and down again! It's about 15 shots long though!

She has nice smiles! I also like the cat pics as I have a cat too:)
Yea when she's tired...and gee how could she be tired ;) she gets this big ole grin with her lips pulled back and crinkly. The cats are the ones at work, my little trouble maker was home rearranging the couch cushions.....:rolleyesww:

·
Registered
939 Posts
I was under the impression that prong collars are meant to be put on and taken off training sessions? Just an observation.. correct me if I'm wrong!

Shes a pretty girl :)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you :) they would have a blast together!

Now you can give me photo tips! Yay! Can't wait to see more pics of one of my favorite dobies.

Btw how did you get her to do that?
I can try lol I'm no genius but I'm pretty good at getting myself set up to catch the actions of doberness, and her ears must be burning, I opened up the thread and was reading yours and she came and nudged me like I'm someones favorite :D

And well she naturally is a big jumper, it's a genetic thing lol, her grandpa on moms side spins at doors, and her daddy jumps, so I started click treating jumping and saying jump so she can do it when I ask or like in the pictures.....just because I opened the interior door haha.

Reactions: kwhite30

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was under the impression that prong collars are meant to be put on and taken off training sessions? Just an observation.. correct me if I'm wrong!

Shes a pretty girl :)
You are correct, she wears hers on occasion when supervised for the presence of mind it gives her/reminds her to have, she was supposed to be on a potty break from heeling practice not jumping in this particular instance lol, but If I wasn't watching her it would have been off for sure.

Love the dog in flight shots!! Awesome first day with your camera!
They're quite something, all that's missing is the grunting and barking while she does it, and the warm momentary doberbreath in your face when she gets close lol

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I can try lol I'm no genius but I'm pretty good at getting myself set up to catch the actions of doberness, and her ears must be burning, I opened up the thread and was reading yours and she came and nudged me like I'm someones favorite :D

And well she naturally is a big jumper, it's a genetic thing lol, her grandpa on moms side spins at doors, and her daddy jumps, so I started click treating jumping and saying jump so she can do it when I ask or like in the pictures.....just because I opened the interior door haha.
How awesome is she. Such a smart pup.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just thought I'd share our little mirror image of Rudy. It is a common cat coat pattern, I know, but still.........

Oh what a cutie! Has that "What? I'm not plotting anything" face going on.
Common coat pattern, but nobody replaces mr.rudy :) he was a a drop off like the other two, 12 years ago as a kitten, and my boss is pretty sure he had distemper. So he has terrible balance, walks funny, can't pee in a box to save his life, and is hit and miss on jumping onto the counter gracefully or landing a slide into the wall. All in all though he's a riot, without a clue to issues, and everyones favorite! Including the fedex guy who brings him treats and adores! him!

Reactions: melbrod

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your going to have hundreds of pics in no time! LOL I remember when I first got my new camera.
It holds around 2,000 with the 8GB memory card I got, and a pitiful 60 without it. Hundreds will be an understatement :D:roflmao::sweat:

I'm loving how it does in low light, you'd never know it! Next step is to try the night shots and see what I get. I'm still miffed I didn't have this bad boy for the show this past weekend though :(

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
That's a fast camera to catch those shots in succession. Nice job.

Reactions: Sam1491

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's a fast camera to catch those shots in succession. Nice job.
Owning and working with dobermans, that was a requirement! lol
Speed, zoom, and quality; So far I'm more than impressed by it!

I got the Nikon Coolpix L120, it's on sale at best buy right now for about $50 cheaper than normal.

(picture from nikon usa website)

Nikon COOLPIX L120 Camera

1 - 19 of 19 Posts