Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello , my wife and I have just adopted/rescued this little lady, she's 3 months old , still a bit skinny but weights a nice 11kg , so I guess she would be above 12 kg if she had been fed properly by her former owner. She looks like a brown doberman cross but we can't identify the other dog , her ears make me think of a german shepherd , but her coat is closer from the rottweiler and she's a bit darker than standard brown doberman. I'd like to have your opinion about it.
PS: Her name is Noisette :)

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
What a sweet happy looking little girl. She's lovely. :)

Wouldn't have a clue what she's mixed with but her tail is very dobe like.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I don't know what she is, but she is adorable! She looks so happy too. Your other dog is very striking too, interesting tail. Best to you and thank you for rescuing.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Cute video. Hmmm, they're both silent players. Dobermans are usually very noisy. Maybe that will come later, not that it matters.

One other thing, be careful about them playing with collars on as sometimes one dog can get the other dogs collar twisted around its lower jaw. Not only can she not get loose and suffer a possible broken jaw, but the tightened collar will be choking the other dog. It's almost impossible to resolve this with two wriggling panicked dogs without cutting the collar off if you happen to have a knife handy.

It doesn't happen much, but it's a very real possibility.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
@ Linda----That happened to us!! Our dogs Bella (dobie) and Jazz (pit/lab mix) were rough housing and Bella got her jaw caught in Jazz's collar. We caught it in time, thank God, but my arms looked like I had put them in the paper shredder trying to be careful to get the snips in there to cut them loose.

OP---My guess on the lil cutie would be possibly a staffordshire terrier or something along those lines...the ears kind of do that fold thing that staffies have.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was going to guess staffie too! Especially with the shape of her head :)

Reactions: mommyblaze3

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
She looks a bit like some of the Doberman/Husky crosses I've seen. She's really cute! I almost wanted to say natural tailed/eared Dobie but the eyes intrigue me, I've only seen them green like that on Min Pins and then there's her back and something about the shape of her head too. Good luck with her either way!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for your comments guys !
I also though about doberman x american staff , because of her pink lips but she wouldn't be that brown and her coat would be shorter and with a staffie she wouldn't be that heavy for a skinny 3 months old dog ...And mixed with husky, coat would be longer(and we don't see huskies very often in the caribbean). Also I've noticed that she's not as fast learning as Caramelle was , and also she tends to be very headstrong and immature in comparison to Caramelle when she was the same age.

·
Registered
130 Posts
there are chocolate tri colored pitbulls here in colorado... so I dont think her coloring is off base for a pit mix.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Doberman shepherd seems like some of the google image results, I doubt rottie though.

What are popular breeds in your area?

Other suggestions:

Doberman/lab (often times lab mixes are assumed to be pitty mixes from the head shape they pass, plus your girl seems to big to be mixed with any other breed that isn't medium size or more)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks guys .
Popular breeds here are American Stafforshire, pits , german shepherd , yellow / black labs , belgian malinois (there are lots and lots of them) , rottweiler , doberman, and cane corso, we also have a few staffies and rhodesian ridgebacks. I've seen prices for belgian malinois pups going from 900 euros (arround 1100 US dollars I think) to 400 euros (arround 500/600 dollars) . So she could be a lucky (because of her color) belgian malinois/doberman :D. DNA tests suck right ?

Anyway , the marking seems too pronounced for a malinois mix IMO.

I also thought about doberman/beauceron
Here is the beauceron (berger de beauce)

·
Snuggle Monster
932 Posts
I think she could very easily be purebred -- though, as melbrod mentioned, perhaps not bred to fit the standard very well. I don't think her coat looks darker than a lot of red Dobes I've seen, and the green eyes are normal for a puppy that age. Her ears do stick out a little farther than I would expect, but my natural-eared boy went through a goofy ear phase at the same age. Here's a picture of him at 3 months (notice the green eyes).

·
sadder but wiser girl
9,688 Posts
Not sure why you think she's a cross - she looks like a Doberman to me... perhaps, as has been commented, not the most perfect Doberman, but I don't think she's a mix. Her ears and tail look normal for a natural Dobe, and her color is the nice deep red of a Doberman. She's a cutie, enjoy her - but be sure to start her training soon, or she will train you! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts