Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am from Sri Lanka and i am looking for answers. This is the first time I'm raising a doberman and could use all the advice given.

I purchased the littlest pup from the litter 4 days ago. She is now 8 weeks (2 months and only weighs 3kg. She is tiny and under weight.

I took her to the vet today for anti rabies vac and worming. I'm very worried about her. How am i to get her to the proper height and weight
I was given a vitamin called orcalmin. I was not advised about what food to give or how to give her. I fear she may not grow up to the size of her breed

Please give me advice. How can i save this girl and bring her to the average height and weight?

·
Super Moderator
22,193 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Did your vet give her a clean bill of health? What foods do you have access to? Can you get a food made by Purina? I hope some of our breeders might see this thread, but I would probably feed four or more small meals a day, based on my experience with a rescue dog that came in very underweight. Multiple small meals are easier to digest, and less likely to cause diarrhea. At this point I wouldn't worry about her eventual size, but simply getting her healthy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts