Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how can it be done i wonder...Lucy in AKC and CKC and we have hounds that are UKC..ive seen some dobermans UKC registered i wonder if I can get her UKC? ill have to look into it i guess..

anyone have a UKC reg dobie?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
what is the UKC? and how does it differ from the AKC? I know American Kennel club...but any other weird combination of letters Im not familiar with except the ones I learned in my Duchess's Breeder thread. Im learning lol.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
United Kennel club... mostly beagles hounds and ptbulls...some rotts and dobies as well....i know about the UKC for hounds but none of the other breeds

·
Registered
288 Posts
I went to obedience trial for ukc once . I like it better than akc trials. but with the relays its kind of interesting. I guess you just submit your pedigree and hope its right.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think u can do it like this..

Single Registration

The procedure by which a purebred dog, not out of a UKC registered litter, may be registered with United Kennel Club, Inc. Dogs must be registered with a registry acknowledged by UKC and show proof of such by submitting a copy of the Registration Certificate from that registry.

The owner of a single-registered dog has the same rights and privileges as the owner of a dog whose litter was UKC registered. Single-registered dogs may participate in any UKC licensed event for which the breed is eligible. A dog with a disqualifying fault as determined by the dog's UKC breed standard is ineligible for single registration.

U.K.C. tailors the rules for single registration to the needs of each individual breed and taking into account the wishes of our individual national breed associations. Accordingly, the rules for single registration vary slightly depending on the breed of dog to be registered. If your dog is accepted for single registration, you will receive a registration certificate with a three-generation pedigree and Easy Entry™ card.

General rules for single registration.
Pedigree. Each application must include a three-generation pedigree. The pedigree may be handwritten and does not need to be certified by any organization.
Proof of purebred status. Each application must include a copy of a registration certificate from a U.K.C. approved registry.
Disqualifying faults. A dog with a disqualifying fault as defined in the U.K.C. standard for the dog's breed is ineligible for single registration. Such dogs may be eligible for the U.K.C. Limited Privilege program.
Prior U.K.C. registration. A dog out of a U.K.C. registered litter is ineligible for single registration because that dog is already U.K.C. registered.
Before you apply for single registration. Check with the U.K.C. Registration Department to see if your breed has any special requirements for single registration. You will need to provide the following information:
Breed of dog;
Age of dog;
Whether dog's sire and dam are U.K.C. registered;
If sire and dam are U.K.C. registered, you will need an explanation why the dog's litter was not registered;
Whether your dog is presently registered with another registry and the name of that registry;
Owner of the dam at the time your dog was born;
Whether your dog is spayed/neutered.

ill ask somoene on the ukc board and see :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.