Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Strong Ears
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I don't know what else to do to prevent other people from being taken. :idea: I thought I would show you the picture of Mystere that was supposed to be in DP Magazine. I can't show the ad as I am going to use it for her 1st AKC win. She is 4 months in the picture and yes that is me. And yes I do look a lot like Carol Luft (if you remember her) because she is my deceased mother. Most dog show people remember me as a kid and call me Thomas (although I go by Tom, but I will answer to either.)

P.S. Mystere also went Best Novice Puppy In Show that day.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Congratulations on your win! Sorry about the picture. That is why I don't even bother having pictures taken at UKC shows.

Reactions: NoDobeWonder

·
Happy Dog
131 Posts
Tom, there are several UKC groups on Facebook where you could post your experience so that other UKC exhibitors in your area are aware...Of course depending on who took the picture, that person may be a member of those groups as well haha Good luck!

·
Strong Ears
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom, there are several UKC groups on Facebook where you could post your experience so that other UKC exhibitors in your area are aware...Of course depending on who took the picture, that person may be a member of those groups as well haha Good luck!
LOL! She probably is a member. What I can't believe is she has the nerve to call this business "Best In Show Photos." I told her that the purpose of the photo was that it was going in a Doberman magazine. She sent the proofs to the wrong e-mail (because she can't spell "hotmail") and when I told her I was disappointed with her, she started blaming me and using all capitol letters. Then when she realized it was her fault, she never even really apologized. I thought she was very unprofessional.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Oh man, I'd be steamed about that pic !

Cute girlie-is she from one of Nicki's Blue litters?

I didn't know your mother, but I certainly have heard of her and her dogs-didn't she use the Mi Casa kennel name?

·
Strong Ears
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh man, I'd be steamed about that pic !

Cute girlie-is she from one of Nicki's Blue litters?

I didn't know your mother, but I certainly have heard of her and her dogs-didn't she use the Mi Casa kennel name?
Wow, Murreydobe! You have a good memory! Yes, Mystere is one of Nikki's Blue puppies and there are a bunch more just a nice as she is. I liked this pedigree better than many others in this area and it still has a few of our old Mi Casa Dobermans in the pedigree. The bonus is that Nikki is just a super nice human being and will help me whenever I need help. As I help her whenever I can help her.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
Wow, Murreydobe! You have a good memory! Yes, Mystere is one of Nikki's Blue puppies and there are a bunch more just a nice as she is. I liked this pedigree better than many others in this area and it still has a few of our old Mi Casa Dobermans in the pedigree. The bonus is that Nikki is just a super nice human being and will help me whenever I need help. As I help her whenever I can help her.
Oh yeah, Nikki is good people!

Her good friend, Karen Byrd (I don't know if you know her) sends me pics of Nikki's litters when she gets them, so I saw the Blue litters right around litter grading age-very nice pups.

·
Strong Ears
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I definitely know Karen. She is good people too, as I know you are too. She's one of Mystere's best fans and she takes the best puppy pictures of her.

I think Nikki's Blue is putting a really sound puppy on the ground. I'm actually in love with Blue's half brother Ducati. Ducati can't put a foot down wrong. He has such beautiful single tracking movement. Then I just saw the neutered brother of Blue (he was mistakenly sold as a pet.) that I think is just as beautiful as Blue.

I've always liked Nikki's dogs but I think she is really going to make a big impact on the breed these next few years. I'm glad I get to be a little part of it.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I'm actually in love with Blue's half brother Ducati. Ducati can't put a foot down wrong. He has such beautiful single tracking movement. .
LOL, the only time I've seen Ducati was at the National in 2010. He was in 6-9, and at that time was committed to yanking Nikki's chain as much as possible in the ring. :) But he did indeed look like a nice puppy (when he had all four on the floor). He sure finished quickly!

I'm in southern California, so I don't get to see either Karen or Nikki anywhere near as much as I'd like.

·
Strong Ears
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL, the only time I've seen Ducati was at the National in 2010. He was in 6-9, and at that time was committed to yanking Nikki's chain as much as possible in the ring. :) But he did indeed look like a nice puppy (when he had all four on the floor). He sure finished quickly!

I'm in southern California, so I don't get to see either Karen or Nikki anywhere near as much as I'd like.
He must have changed because I showed him in the Breed when he took his first major and he showed like a dream! I couldn't ask any more from him.

But I know that Mystere is a piece of work! I was so afraid of her not being showy that I think I let her get away with too much. Now I'm dealing with the consequences.

Are you going to the National in Kentucky? I know Nikki and I are going. (don't know if Karen is.) I need to catch up on all the Dobes. I know when I finally breed Mystere, it's going to be a tough decision. I have no qualms about outcrossing on a strong line-bred pedigree like hers. So I want to know all of my options. Plus, it will be fun to go as an adult. The last one I went to I was still in college.

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
He must have changed because I showed him in the Breed when he took his first major and he showed like a dream! I couldn't ask any more from him.

But I know that Mystere is a piece of work! I was so afraid of her not being showy that I think I let her get away with too much. Now I'm dealing with the consequences.

Are you going to the National in Kentucky? I know Nikki and I are going. (don't know if Karen is.) I need to catch up on all the Dobes. I know when I finally breed Mystere, it's going to be a tough decision. I have no qualms about outcrossing on a strong line-bred pedigree like hers. So I want to know all of my options. Plus, it will be fun to go as an adult. The last one I went to I was still in college.
Hey, it's always a lot easier to calm them down than it is trying to rev up a deadhead! Mystere has plenty of time to get everything down pat.

I'm probably going to make a fast trip to Kentucy, just to see the intersex judging for the regional and the conformation top twenty..I have a grandpup (sired by my dog) in the top 20, so I want to go and see/support him. So more than likely I'll get there on the Saturday of the regional, and leave Tuesday. It's too far for me to drive by myself and I won't fly dogs anymore..it just isn't worth being there for the whole week when you're not showing anything.

You're going to be surprised (and shocked) at how little variation you're going to find in pedigrees these days. If you see one, you've pretty much seen them all, or at least 99% of them.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Pretty puppy congrast

·
It's a Dog's Life!
66 Posts
UGH... I hope that photo was free Thomas !! Ha Ha
I am looking forward to seeing Mystere at a show soon, I saw video footage from her debut weekend in WB Class, SUCH a NICE girl. She looks to be maturing nicely. I am sure you are a proud Dad :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts