Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jacque and I got back from Europe last Sunday. I was in Belgium and the UK for 3 weeks on business and since her mother was Irish and from England, she has a lot of relatives in the UK. We went to 2 Dog Shows while we were in the UK. Blackpool had an entry of 155 Dobermanns and Windsor had 90. Here are some photos of some of the ones I liked the best. I thought that some of you might enjoy seeing what good Dobermanns look like from somewhere other than North America. I am not particularly a fan of the "Natural Dobermann", but when they are this nice, I hardly notice. If you notice a certain relationship or bloodline, yes, I am a little biased. We are making plans to breed to CH Supeta's Ozzy Osbourne.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
very nice dobes.

3 of my favorites in the Uk have always been supeta, amazon and aritaur. and loved Lynfreds Valentino, actually contacted them years ago.

Thank you so much for sharing all these beautiful photos with us.

That Ozzy dog is really something else. WOW!

i really love that Kandy Kisses bitch too.

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Thanks for sharing! Lovely pictures. I really like the 9 month old Heaven Scent bitch! Interesting to see all the different types of tails, are any of them more "correct" than the others? I like the tail on What Eva, it's a lot like Lottie's, very medium in my opinion! Not too long, not too short, not too curled, not too straight! Not as big a fan of those tails that curl right over, almost Spitz like! Is that because of a gay tail set? Or just how the tail is? Sorry I don't know much about conformation :)

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was a Rottweiler in the Working Group that had an absolutely straight tail, without any curl. When he moved if stood straight up like a periscope. I wish I had taken a picture of it. It was very funny.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Thanks for sharing - some really lovely dogs in here! Their breeders should be proud!

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wondered if this would confuse people. The pictures are from both of the dog shows. The brown male (Tuwo's Halestorm at Showadows) was BOB in Blackpool and the black male (Amazon's Russian Ice) was BOS at Windsor and of course the black bitch (Jaegerson The Heat Is On) was BOB at Windsor. I wasn't that thrilled by the judging at either show. Not that the winners were bad, there were just others that I liked better, but I guess that is what makes the dog show. The British lady that judged Windsor overall did a better job than the American that judged Blackpool.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Really gorgeous!! I don't mind the natural ears, but the long curly tail looks so silly to me! ha! it just looks like it doesn't belong on their body.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Oops, hit the thanks button instead of reply. Love seeing different styles of dogs and tails. Thought most of the dogs were really nice. Much better than what I had previously thought of as the norm for that country.

·
Eat Poo and Die
2,193 Posts
Love the curly tails! Precious Princess has my favorite tail set and I adore her sleeker (maybe because she's not mature yet?) figure. Would love to see her neck in a more flattering position though.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
So is Syd going to start being Echo'd and Holtered then? He's never previously been for the many many many litters he's sired that I recall...We had some words regarding health testing, seeing as all that is usually done is vWD, hips, and eyes. I believe her excuse awhile back was along the lines of "I have such and such here who is a billion years old and no health issues etc"

I personally feel he is being over used and from a very young age. He was born in early 2007 and his first litter was in early 2008. This is from the Kennel Club:

129 puppies from 23 litters have been registered with this dog as the sire.
KC Mate Select

3 of those dogs from the same litter were imported from ireland, and for some reason they count as a litter each, so its actually 20/21 litters with that many puppies. None of which with any cardio testing as far as I recall that is usually looked for by the North American breeders. Therefore a high probability of no cardio testing further back in those pedigrees either.

While it is a huge compliment to have that sort of line up at a prestigious Championship level show, it is creating a bottleneck in the genepool out here. He's only 4 year's old and it wasn't very long ago that one of his progeny was given a temporary ban from the show-ring for undue aggression.

That mate select feature the KC have put in is really powerful. You can see when all of the health testing was performed and there are links to progeny, siblings, parents etc for you to compare.

Lovely pictures though, and I'm glad you had a nice time out at Blackpool and Windsor. Sadly, it was horribly windy and tried to rain on our day at Blackpool, terrible for keeping our Pomeranian's coats in good order! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,717 Posts
The fronts on most of those dogs look better than what I am seeing in the ring here - some very nice dogs overall. I'd love to go to shows over there someday - once my kids are grown and gone I'll get to do some traveling over there with my husband on business trips.

I can take natural ears - they really don't bother me at all, but dang those tails just are hard to look at IMHO.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts