Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to the forum and currently researching the Doberman breed with a view to possibly introducing a dog into our family late next year. We have two young boys, both my wife and I are experienced dog owners from childhood and so appreciate that this is not a decision to be taken lighlty hence the beginnings of my research into the breed now.

Naturally temperamant is of utmost importance to us given the fact that the dog will be our family pet and brought up with young children. I am also interested in possibly showing having had some novice handling experience as a teenager.

I would be really grateful for a steer towards some quality reputable breeders in the UK that put health and the good of the breed first, but also with a view to ring potential.

Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Hi Tim, welcome to the forum!

You could take a look at some of the following names to begin your search:

Aritaur
Amazon
Jojavik
Supeta

My boy was sired by a dog from Mianna Dobermanns and I would def recommend them. I know they have a litter planned for November and are looking for show and pet homes. Lovely temperaments.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would say to try Aritaur or Jojavik (my girl is from them) they were the two i was choosing between when i started looking.
Both health test and show their dogs, Jojavik's website is being redesigned at the moment but should be up and running again soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tim, welcome to the forum!

You could take a look at some of the following names to begin your search:

Aritaur
Amazon
Jojavik
Supeta

My boy was sired by a dog from Mianna Dobermanns and I would def recommend them. I know they have a litter planned for November and are looking for show and pet homes. Lovely temperaments.
Hi and thanks for the welcome, what a stunning looking boy you have too. Appreciate your advice, November is a little soon as we are planning for next year but will look into Mianna.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would say to try Aritaur or Jojavik (my girl is from them) they were the two i was choosing between when i started looking.
Both health test and show their dogs, Jojavik's website is being redesigned at the moment but should be up and running again soon.
Thankyou for the recommendation, will take a look at their site once up and running.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This is an easy one -- Aritaur. We flew all the way to the UK from New York just to be able to own one of their beautiful pups (he is contentedly snoozing next to me, 2 1/2 years later). What a total joy he is, and an amazingly handsome fellow. People stop in their tracks on the street just to stare at him (and that takes a lot in New York City). He is so healthy, he just gleams. He's silly, over the top intelligent, and so even-tempered. I cannot recommend Aritaur highly enough. If you speak to Jay, please give her my regards. And enjoy your new family member!

Steve Ketterer

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is an easy one -- Aritaur. We flew all the way to the UK from New York just to be able to own one of their beautiful pups (he is contentedly snoozing next to me, 2 1/2 years later). What a total joy he is, and an amazingly handsome fellow. People stop in their tracks on the street just to stare at him (and that takes a lot in New York City). He is so healthy, he just gleams. He's silly, over the top intelligent, and so even-tempered. I cannot recommend Aritaur highly enough. If you speak to Jay, please give her my regards. And enjoy your new family member!

Steve Ketterer
Thankyou Steve, sounds like you had a great experience with them. Any pictures of your boy please would love to see him!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts