Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
i hope your dog is really older than 6 months and if so they have both been health tested.,

If not then i dont think you will have much help or congratulations here

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
i hope your dog is really older than 6 months and if so they have both been health tested.,

If not then i dont think you will have much help or congratulations here
Sounds like they're breeding with the possibility of producing ALBINOS (although they're calling them "cream")...doubt that's going to get them too much help or congrats here, either.

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
if the kc recognise the colour then the problem is??
I wasn't aware that the UK Kennel Club recognised albinos as valid dobermann colour...

What reason do you having for breeding your bitch? What is her value to breed? Is she a champion in performance or conformation? How is she worthy of being bred? Why would you want people to have puppies with skin and coat problems by intentionally trying to breed dilutes?

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
I wasn't aware that the UK Kennel Club recognised albinos as valid dobermann colour...
I don't believe the Kennel Club there has ANY DQ's for anything. I know at least one albino doberman was shown, oh, maybe 10 years ago...although it's critique wasn't very positive.

But the absence of DQ's doesn't mean it's appropriate to breed any and every dog, either.

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
I'll be staying out of this one. :)

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
i dont think albino is recognised in the uk
Not according to this:

Colour
Definite black, brown, blue or fawn (Isabella) only, with rust red markings. Markings to be sharply defined, appearing above each eye, on muzzle, throat and forechest, on all legs and feet and below tail. White markings of any kind highly undesirable.

Edit: sorry I misread your post and thought you said they were (don't ask me how I read that)

Reactions: lynz

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Not according to this:

Colour
Definite black, brown, blue or fawn (Isabella) only, with rust red markings. Markings to be sharply defined, appearing above each eye, on muzzle, throat and forechest, on all legs and feet and below tail. White markings of any kind highly undesirable.
yeah thats the bit i found when double checking. I have never seen one around thats for sure.

we may soon though after this litter :)

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
hi all we have just had r bitch covered last week she was covered 3 times in all we r hoping for a coloured litter,as with this mating there is a chance of a 25% split (cream,blue,black and tan,fawn) but it is down to old mother nature on that lol and the lines are dobernar doberman lines both mum and dad so should be some good pups if all go's well,we r very excited about this as this will be r first and last litter.we will keep you all updated on this through out (kind of on line blog lol)
What was your goal, in deciding to breed this litter?

Reactions: brw1982

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

What reason do you having for breeding your bitch? What is her value to breed? Is she a champion in performance or conformation? How is she worthy of being bred? Why would you want people to have puppies with skin and coat problems by intentionally trying to breed dilutes?
yes they do :(
The Kennel Club

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
Not according to the Oct 2009 update to the KC standard:

Colour

Albino is not fawn, unless people are trying to pass them off as fawns.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
why all of a sudden will these pups have skin conditions and as i said there is a chance of CREAM no certanty of any colour just a chance both dogs r health checked and cum from very good lines in uk

·
Registered
323 Posts
Albino is not recognised by the UK KC. I never even seen one in the flesh or advertised anywere (thank goodness). Was really shocked to come to the US to see breeders producing them on purpose. Even Blues and Isabella's dont do anything in the show ring back in the UK. All the ones I have seen have terrible coats on them. No idea why anyone would want to breed a dog that wlll have these issues on purpose.

The last 3 yrs I went to crufts there were only blacks and reds in the whole group.

·
Registered
279 Posts
why all of a sudden will these pups have skin conditions and as i said there is a chance of CREAM no certanty of any colour just a chance both dogs r health checked and cum from very good lines in uk
Blue and fawn Dobes are genetically prone to coat problems known as Color Dilution Alopecia (CDA). They have thin coats which are dull and dry due to poor hair shafts and hair regrowth.

No idea why anyone would want to breed a dog that wlll have these issues on purpose.
Most of the time, breeding is done between 2 black/red Dobes and there is no exclusion of those that carry the dilution gene. So, the possibility that a puppy inherits the dilution gene is present if both parents carry it. This is due to the small gene pool of Dobermans and excluding any Dobes that carry the dilution gene will only hurt the breed more. Occasionally, there are dilutes with outstanding qualities (e.g. conformation) has been bred to another dog which does not carry the dilution gene and thereby, reducing the chances of dilute offsprings.

I hope I explained it accurately. Correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Dobenar are the main reason we have Albinos and Dilutes in the UK. They are DESPICABLE.

You are despicable for breeding from these lines and producing these puppies who have a far less likely chance of living long, happy, healthy lives.

Albinos are not recognized by the KC. Blues and Fawns are being produced more often now as most UK breeders do not bother to test for coat colour genetics.

How could you seriously support anyone who produces or try to breed your own "rainbow" litters. Disgusting.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts