Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, she had a UTI and was on medication which seemed to stop her squatting to pee every ten minute but, evidently it didn't take as now she has no ryme or reason to her peeing we will let her out she'll pee then come in and ten minutes later pee in the house. Sometimes on the bed. She also pee's in her sleep. Obviously she's going back to the vet but, anyone have any ideas? At 15 weeks she was almost the perfect house broke dog before this having only two accidents in the house in two months now she's a mess with no control.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Sounds like she still has her UTI or has possibly gotten reinfected, poor baby. That is my guess since she is peeing in her sleep. I do agree the pee needs to be thoroughly cleaned up tho. Good to know you are taking her back to the vet.///// ETA: Please dont get on to Josey for this because that will just cause stress, as she lacks control with any UTI. Not her fault!

·
#1 Stunner
464 Posts
Peeing in her sleep is what makes it sound like reinfection to me, too. That said, once she's all the way healed up, it's not uncommon for young dogs (and cats of seemingly all ages...) who have had inappropriate urination due to a UTI to be a little set back on potty training when they bounce back, so I wouldn't be surprised if to find that. Feel better soon, Josey! I love her name.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Oh she's so pretty!
No info on the medical advice but, she is a cutie pie!!!
Good luck at the vets and more photos please!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, she's back on two weeks of meds and already doing better. I can tell she's just as upset as we are. We have basically put trash bags under all her bedding so its an easy clean up and we are very thouro about where she has gone she realy has no ryme or, reason of where she goes it seems like an impulse thing as in I gotta go now and it's strictly a #1 issue. She's such a sweetheart we really can't get mad at her we know she 's not happy about it. Keep you all posted. Thanks crew.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I hope Josey gets well soon!

Xena is still recovering from her UTI. I dont think the clavamox is doing its remedy. :(
She still squats to go pee, and no passing. Also has a random dribble. This is her second UTI, she has a vet visit tomorrow...hopefully we can get her on some better antibiotics.

Question:
Should supplementing probiotic be necessary while she is on antibiotics? I only worry because us girlies have issues sometimes when we're taking antibiotics ;)

Reactions: Nubis'sDad

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Question:
Should supplementing probiotic be necessary while she is on antibiotics? I only worry because us girlies have issues sometimes when we're taking antibiotics ;)
It's a good idea to do probiotics or a schlock of yoghurt on her meals while she's on meds and for a while after, until a healthy population of intestinal flora is reestablished.

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Sending good vibes Joseys way.
Good job, not getting mad at her.
She looks like a doll, more pics please.

Reactions: Joseys dad

·
sandy2233
2,474 Posts
Poor Josie! I fought UTI's with Emily from the time she was about 3 months old. She was spayed at 5 months and has been incontinent since. She is on DES now. It seems to take care of her problems. But if I miss a dose, it's leak city at nightime. I hope this clears up for both of you. They really can't help themselves and it does bother them when they pee in the house and they know they are not supposed to.

·
Registered
262 Posts
As an aside, girls who are prone to UTI's are usually better off being allowed to mature and have one season prior to being spayed. Spaying before this may predispose her to having issues with UTI's for life.
Yep, I've been told by some here of this. I already cancelled her spay until her first heat.

It's a good idea to do probiotics or a schlock of yoghurt on her meals while she's on meds and for a while after, until a healthy population of intestinal flora is reestablished.
Okie! I know that plain yogurt is good, any specifics? Greek? Non-fat? And does cottage cheese also have the same benefit?

:thanx:

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
I prefer Greek, low fat and low sodium.

Reactions: SoCalDobie

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks all,
We'll start giving her some daily doses of yogurt. She did very well this weekend with no accidents. It's even tougher for her now as we stay on our boat during the weekends. She has a section to do her business with fake grass. She goes to the beach daily which is how we figure she got the UTI in the first place chewing on some dead nasty thing. She loves the boat scene as there are a bunch of other dogs and the marina owner has a puppy too that is Joseys best friend she also has about a mile of dock to run on and is always wearing her life jacket after falling in between the boat and dock. Keep you all posted to her progress. I attached a pic of her weekend home. :D

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts