Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Got mutt?
13,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think that Kitty will be a great Mouser ! :grin2::grin2:
I had her loose in the utility room the other day when she disappeared on me..... I was hearing some thumping noises, and thought that she was under the freezer (it's up on moving dollies), so I pulled out the big cats' top loading litterbox to get to her. She was in the box... chasing one of those giant tree roaches we have down here. She was rather miffed that I removed her from the box than then proceeded to beat on her playmate with a flip-flop....

She thought about taking on Paigliocco, but decided against it, thank goodness.

2020-6-22 Lana & Paigliocco DSC_0294 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-6-22 Lana & Paigliocco DSC_0296 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

·
Got mutt?
13,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yay! Her FeLV/FIV test was negative for both, and her fecal was clear (I know, knock me over with a feather....). She had her first FVRCP shot, and weighs in at 1.7 pounds of pure mischief. :)

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,553 Posts
Yay! Her FeLV/FIV test was negative for both, and her fecal was clear (I know, knock me over with a feather....). She had her first FVRCP shot, and weighs in at 1.7 pounds of pure mischief. :)
That's great news! She does look like cute, fun mischief! Such a cute little babe.

·
Premium Member
9,807 Posts
ALRIGHT!!! You and Lana are both just as lucky as you can be. The odds a pretty much against picking up a stray kitten who not only was FELV/FIV negative but a clean fecal too--wow!

Every rescue I ever picked up (excluding those that I acquire via taking on a cat owned by one of our clients who couldn't keep it (three cats over the last 16 years) had an amazing array of parasites. The worst by a long shot was the cat who was FELV+. (he died of FELV at 8 but it was prior to the time that a diagnosis anything more than a guess.) But just for openers he had three kinds of mites (which are basically species specific and the vet didn't even count the ear mites he had) chicken mites, a mite that usually is only found on rodents and some other kind--don't remember that one. To add to the fleas, a couple of ticks and tape worm, and round worm. Small blessing that he didn't have ring worm and pass it on to the Doberman puppy before I got him to the vet.

She sure is cute though--the parrot would be very capable of taken a chunk out of her little nosey nose if she's not very polite.

dobebug (who departed, laughing...)

·
Got mutt?
13,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Someone seems determined to live up to their nickname of "bitter bitter biter biter"...

Human flesh, preferably mine, is her biting surface of choice, but inanimate objects will do in a pinch....

2020-7-21 Lana DSC_0004 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-7-21 Lana DSC_0006 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-7-21 Lana DSC_0014 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-7-21 Lana DSC_0015 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-7-21 Lana DSC_0016 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-7-21 Lana DSC_0041 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-7-21 Lana DSC_0063 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-7-21 Lana DSC_0089 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

She also likes hair scrunchies....

She basically has two modes, asleep or over aroused. I call her a Mali-mese (Malinois x Siamese), she's is so bitey. I'm going to have scars. If I survive, that is.

·
Super Moderator
21,505 Posts
Gosh, she's pretty. Gus was so, so bitey for a while. He (thankfully) never bit hard, but he was just on a biting spree for a while. I'm pretty sure it was while he was teething. I've not experienced that so much in a cat before. He seems to have outgrown it, thank goodness.

·
Got mutt?
13,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Gosh, she's pretty. Gus was so, so bitey for a while. He (thankfully) never bit hard, but he was just on a biting spree for a while. I'm pretty sure it was while he was teething. I've not experienced that so much in a cat before. He seems to have outgrown it, thank goodness.
She is super, super mouthy... I've never had such a bitey kitten. She's drawn blood more than once. She also like to attack your feet and hands. Holding her is like trying to hold a Loony Tunes Tasmanian Devil.

On the other hand, once she's worn out, she is happy to snuggle up next to me and lets me pet her with minimal to no biting and clawing.

·
Got mutt?
13,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This seems to have happened over the holidays....

2020-12-12 Lana in the tree DSC_0029 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-12-12 Lana in the tree DSC_0030 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-12-13 Lana Vs Christmas Tree DSC_0176 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-12-13 Lana Vs Christmas Tree DSC_0181 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-12-13 Lana Vs Christmas Tree DSC_0186 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-12-13 Lana Vs Christmas Tree DSC_0193 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-12-13 Lana Vs Christmas Tree DSC_0206 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

2020-12-13 Lana Vs Christmas Tree DSC_0207 by Rosemary Elwell, on Flickr

That was a brand new tree. It now looks rattier than the 28 year old one it replaced, thanks to the fact that I couldn't keep her out of it.

She's getting spayed on the 18th, which can't come soon enough for me... she's in her third heat cycle since the beginning of December, and is driving all of us bonkers.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,553 Posts
Pretty ornament!! Her heats are probably driving her crazy since she's literally climbing the walls lol.

·
Premium Member
9,807 Posts
Pretty ornament!! Her heats are probably driving her crazy since she's literally climbing the walls lol.
I loved the pictures Rosemary but it's one of the things about intact females (Queens, they are called for good reason--one of the important things about Queens in the course of human history was that they had to be fertile) It took a really long time to convince my mother that they just came into heat until either spayed or or pregnant. (Survival of the fittest you know?)

dobebug

·
Got mutt?
13,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I loved the pictures Rosemary but it's one of the things about intact females (Queens, they are called for good reason--one of the important things about Queens in the course of human history was that they had to be fertile) It took a really long time to convince my mother that they just came into heat until either spayed or or pregnant. (Survival of the fittest you know?)

dobebug
I'd forgotten just how fast they cycled. I don't see how cat breeders deal with it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts