a 16 beat run of slow VT
a 3 beat run of VT with rate of 300
36 Bigeminy events with 127 bigeminy beats
37 trigeminy events with 118 trigeminy beats
42 quadrageminy events with 146 quadrageminy beats
LOTS of SVT with max HR of 216
Second degree AVB
he has 33 pauses >2 seconds with one being 3 seconds long

I was faxed the entire report and some of the strips I saw would have had me running for the code cart if it was my patient.
I will be talking to the cardiologist on Thursday but I have decided I do not want him to start on any beta blockers as this can put him into complete HB.

He is still eating well, playing with Lexie and Rocco and he is VERY MUCH enjoying getting to sleep with Mom and Dad at night. I am just going to keep spoiling him and as long as he has a happy nub, I will be happy.

Lisa

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Prayers for you and Tycoon.

Reactions: sheezbusy

·
joie de vivre
11,276 Posts
Your family is in my thoughts.

Reactions: sheezbusy

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What's HB?
HB= Heart block

He is showing 2nd degree heart block which is a conduction problem.
Basically we have a little spot of electrical impulse called the SA node in our heart. When the SA node fires off, it tells the rest of the heart to beat. Heart block happens when there is a malfunction of this conduction circuit. I believe Tycoon has a Mobitz type II. (was hard to tell) Not as bad as a complete heart block but still very sad.

·
Dedicated DoberFan
2,786 Posts
I'm so sorry the results are not good, and that you and your boy are having to go through this. Thank you for sharing with us... we'll be keeping you in our thoughts.

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
I am deeply sorry you all are going thru this. I hope Tycoon remains happy. (((hugs to all))) :kiss:

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Hugs to you and Tycoon. I will add....Petey's last holter was pretty close to Tycoons and with the addition of two new anti-arrhythmic meds, he got 6 more months of quality life. He continued to hike every day although now on a flexi, go to work with me and went on 2 wonderful vacations with us. He never lost his appetite, his spirit or his love of playing with Monty. Wishing you guys the same. ox

·
Heat Seeking Missile
522 Posts
So sorry to hear this Sheezbusy, Tycoon is in my thoughts still. Thanks for the update.

I am happy to hear he is still eating and enjoying being spoiled. At the end of the day, that's what it's all about.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Sorry that the results were bad - hoping that with medication he continues to enjoy a good quality of life for a long time. Hugs to all of you.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts