Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I will be leaving my boy in my husbands (loving??) hands whilst I go to my brother's surprise birthday party for a week....though I might have a trial run. I went out for a couple hours with my sister for burgers and a cold one, listened to a friends band play, then headed home.

When I got home I learned that Ruger sat at the top of the stairs, waiting...just knowing...that I would walk in at any moment.It's going to be long week for my hubby. Even a longer week for Ruger! Fortunately my sister is leaving her two furry kids at my house to keep Ruger company.

I'm guessing this is what he looked like waiting...

Fingers crossed for when I return home!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Good luck, Ruger!

Give that boy a kiss from Callie and I :)

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
LOL, when I leave it's the same.

However, hubby always seems to do fine if I leave for a few days, the dogs change their "modus operandi" and everyone seems fine when I get back.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Believe it or not they say dogs do not have a sense of time I'm inclined to believe that back when we had our Papillon she worshiped the ground my husband walked on. The job he was on at the time he went to Greece the country was gone about three months no problems when he came home she was happy to see him just as if he had went to the store.
Just in case you do have problems with your Fur Kid my Grandpa had a Beagle mix name of Bobby when my Grandpa went to the hospital bobby would not eat so Grandma would hold the phone to Bobby 's ear Grandpa would talk to him so then Bobby would eat ?

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
When I leave and do some errands my dobe is waiting at the door where my husband says she lays and waits for me. She hears our car and starts barking she isso happy when I walk in the door..........she meets me with a toy:)

·
Super Moderator
GOT's Kal-Drogo The Horseman (Drogo),TKI,TKN, CGC, 7 years; RIP Baron, Miley, Dax, Lonesome, Baron 1
18,330 Posts
I think they do have some sense of time also. At the other place, by 4:00 p.m., Baron was watching out the window for DH. Now he is confused because DH leaves very early Monday morning and doesn't come back until Thursday around 6:30-7:30 p.m. He gets a little punk Monday night when he doesn't come home. Love the picture of Ruger waiting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts