1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
this breeder bought a bitch, bred her when she was sick (and way too young) and now the bitch is in rescue:

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=3770438

you can contact the doberman rescue to confirm this.

not a breeder i would be recommending, not by far...

·
Registered
2 Posts
We purchased our pup, Bella, through Trinity Dobes. Gail was very easy to work with and we couldn't be happier with Bella. She is the sweetest, 11 month old pup we could have ever hoped to get. We did hope to get a rescue pup but there weren't any available near us at that time. I can verify that this woman is not a fake and has really beautiful and sweet dobes.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
It's just another puppy mill breeding dobermans just for the sake of breeding dobermans. There isn't one title on any of their dogs and it mentions nothing at all about any cardiac testing. They only breed their own males to their own females which is exactly what the majority of puppymills do.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
We purchased our pup, Bella, through Trinity Dobes. Gail was very easy to work with and we couldn't be happier with Bella. She is the sweetest, 11 month old pup we could have ever hoped to get. We did hope to get a rescue pup but there weren't any available near us at that time. I can verify that this woman is not a fake and has really beautiful and sweet dobes.
Hey, maybe the bitch STILL in rescue that the breeder has not taken back is the dam of your puppy.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
No one is disputing that you love your dog or that she is a good dog. I'm also sure that the breeder is great when selling her overpriced puppies....... I wonder how great she would be if you no longer wanted the dog.

The fact remains that she is NOT a reputable breeder. She does nothing with her dogs other than breed them for money. Then she charges about the same as a reputable breeder who put championships on all of their dogs, search carefully for the very best stud .......... not the one in their own back yard............ and do all the health testing. They are there for the life of the dog and will take one back for any reason at any age. They are not out there breeding to make money........... and indeed often do not see a profit at all.

What she does have is a slick website that looks pretty darn good. I'd really like to see more reputable breeders do websites - just to at least give people something to compare to. Her dogs look like a decent quality Doberman - but there are no stacked shots with which to see if they come anywhere close to the breed standard..... I'm sure that is deliberate because she knows they would not compare favorably with reputable breeders out there who charge the same price.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I wish there was a commitee or organization out there that would audit breeders to see if they really are producing quality dogs. I know the DPCA has their breeder referral but I'm talking about in depth personal visits. It would be wonderful if the breeder had to pay for this certification and be subjected to random, suprise visits by said organization.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
I wish there was a commitee or organization out there that would audit breeders to see if they really are producing quality dogs. I know the DPCA has their breeder referral but I'm talking about in depth personal visits. It would be wonderful if the breeder had to pay for this certification and be subjected to random, suprise visits by said organization.
Yes, when I am Queen Of The Universe this will happen. Of course it's completely unrealistic and never *will* happen, so I don't waste much time thinking about it.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Trying to buy a well bred dog of any breed is really a difficult thing to do for someone who knows very little about the breed, and the world of pure bred dogs in general.

On the positive side, there is so much more information out there for people to research............... and on the bad side, the slick bybers and commercial greeders know how to exploit peoples inexperience. It really burns my butt to see the prices these people ask for these dogs. They are in it for the money pure and simple. Lord knows they sure are not in it for the dogs.

Plenty of us started with a byb or commercially bred Doberman - I did. Once I knew how poor quality she was, I spayed her and loved her the rest of her life. Then I set out to do it the right way, but I learned a lot from that dog :)

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
A big red flag is their new puppy.....vwolf.
Boy that's for sure. I nearly choked when I saw that advertised.

For any of you reading this thread who don't know Von Wolf is a BYB of the worst sort--although he claims to have no ties to the albino breeders he has and certainly has bred Z list Dobes (Dobes with the potential for producing albino's--identified by their registration numbers which start out WZ....)

Not only does he have and breed Z Dobes but he lies about it to puppy buyers and when a few of them have discovered this has refused to talk to them at all.

Great bragging point for someone allegedly breeding "nice" Dobermans.

Mind you, and this is to anyone who has a Trinity Doberman--I'm sure that your own dog is entirely loveable, and very sweet--but the fact remains that this breeder is NOT a good breeder and would be regarded as a BYB by most Dobe folk.

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
GaLa farm has very good Doberman Pinschers for sale. Check them out at http://www.trinitydobes.com/ .
you know, I find it very interesting that this person occasionally pops up with a link to some site or another - with advice to check it out. She has often popped up with sites for breeders that are often considered iffy.

Who is this Paige person?

Arrrgghhh.............. well knock me over the head............. I just saw the date that she originally posed this thread and it was 2 years ago............. I didn't even look at the date till just now!!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Arrrgghhh.............. well knock me over the head............. I just saw the date that she originally posed this thread and it was 2 years ago............. I didn't even look at the date till just now!!
:spanka: lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
OOPS! I guess we're getting all worked up for nothing.

Seriously though, I don't believe in pet quality dogs of any breed. I know that only one or two dogs out of the litter will have that special something, but the main goal is for all of them to be perfect. The betterment of the breed as a whole is the main purpose for any breed.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yes, this is a year-old thread, but that is a great idea. Why not? We can start with DT itself being the platform. Even during my short stint here thus far, I've already read about lots of knowledgeable ppl giving great advice. What reputable breeder wouldn't want to be known as a "DT-approved breeder"? :thumbsup:

·
Banned
19 Posts
Trinity Dobes

this breeder bought a bitch, bred her when she was sick (and way too young) and now the bitch is in rescue:

Try a new pet search!

you can contact the doberman rescue to confirm this.

not a breeder i would be recommending, not by far...
This is an old thread but I am in Maryland and would like to add a male to my family. Strictly a family member, no showing etc. My bitch is spayed and he would be neutered. Do you know the rescue that she gave this dog to?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts