Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Firstly I want to thank everyone on here! This is an awesome community of people with tons of great advice. Many times this forum has been a life saver for me. Usually I can get the info I need by reading past threads but I didn't really find the answer I'm looking for this time so I'm starting a new one.

My puppy Zuma is 9 months old. We have a trampoline in our back yard and my 23 year old brother loves jumping with Zuma on it. My brother jumps hard and for a long time. Zuma just hops around and tries to keep his balance but I worry about his joints. When Zuma jumps off the trampoline is when I really cringe. Sometimes they will play games where he is jumping off over and over. Is this bad for his joints and should I move the trampoline?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
i would NOT let him jump off by himself, and i really don't think i'd let him up there until his growth plates fuse.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just noticed your dogs birthday is the day after his!

Thanks, I will move the trampoline. Also he likes flying off our back deck which is about two feet off the ground. I suppose it would be a good idea to block off the places he jumps from.

·
Registered
6,959 Posts
i would definitely do that.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I carry mine out of the car until growth plates are closed. My vet said jumping in isn't as bad as jumping out.

Reactions: falnfenix
1 - 6 of 6 Posts