Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
9,170 Posts
elly said:
We don't want to compete him, because of several things, his age, he is been over 7 years, and did always do a great job, when he is getting older the bones are getting older as well, so we want to have him for many many more years, when you do a lot of training you put also a lot of pressure on the body, this in combination with his neutering and bladder surgery we take that decision, just to keep him at one piece.

Also when he is neutered, here he cannot compete in any trials also. Speak for the Netherlands!

I still do obedience with him, also not jumping anymore, he would go but don't go so easily,tracking and playing with the decoys, just to keep him in shape, and moslty he likes to do it, so its good for his mind as well.

This is Yordi a few years ago, he jumped so easily to get his dumbell.

Wow! very cool picture. I totally think that you are a good mom to him and really respect your decision not to work him so much..... just enough to make him happy. We all hate to see our dogs growing older, but I hope to keep mine active for a long time.

Thanks for the pictures.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.