Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has only been three days since my last training post but things are going better thanks to everyone's suggestions. Bumpy loves doing things for treats now. When I stop walking he sits automatically by my side and looks at me for his "reward". I think the treats will help him focus in class and not get so bored. He was such a good boy last night when we practiced. On another note, my Callie girl (pit/pointer) was not so good. While I was outside in the front working with Bumpy she had a bit of a jealous moment and destroyed her dog bed into itty bitty pieces....which she hasn't done in 4 years. It is hard to divide your attention amongst three dogs. I walked in and she knew she had been bad.....what can u do - lol.

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
I totally understand about the dividing your attention thing. I'm glad your training is starting to improve!

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
:) Glad to hear things are going better. You might want to try a baby gate as long as no one will jump it in the house to practice, that way you can kinda watch all your dogs at once and still focus on and do obedience with Bumpy. I use a baby gate often for dividing up space to practice inside. Mostly obedience type exercises, our agility stuff is outside.
A crate sounds like a good idea too so no more destroying things while you work with Bumpy. Maybe give a super tough bone, filled and frozen Kong, or buster cube before you go outside to work with Bumpy, that might keep them busy too and give them somewhere to direct attention, you will want to put them in their separate places of course where they can't get to each other or see each other since you are not there to supervise the interaction. But then again, you really want to be around when they are chewing a bone of any sort even super tough nylabones, so that is not an ideal best situation. Kongs should be okay, but I think you need to be around to watch that too, as I have had a Kong get stuck on my male's muzzle before. Better yet your significant other can keep an eye on the dogs inside, while your practice with Bumpy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.