Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
Very Good! :nicejob:

Swilly talks to me a lot and if I had skills, I could do something like that dog video about the cat food.

Stormy says Mama Mama, and my husband actually heard it once, so I have a witness.

Capturing it is quite another.

Damn talking dobermans.......

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Odin talks in full sentences...with his little/constant wine...I love his talk-back skills.
lol that constant whining is one of the reasons I taught him, I figured if he is going to whine I mind as well teach how to say I love you. One of my other dogs used to say as well.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
What a ham. After I watched him say I Love you, I watched his little guy obedience video. How old was he? Good boy.

By the way, now that I watched and "they" heard, they are running around like three fools looking for Odin.

·
Registered
70 Posts
What a ham. After I watched him say I Love you, I watched his little guy obedience video. How old was he? Good boy.

By the way, now that I watched and "they" heard, they are running around like three fools looking for Odin.
My guy also went bananas looking for Odin when I played the video. Hey KC I sent you an email. I am needing some obedience training advice. Hope your trio is enjoying this frosty weather.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I think he was 4 months, lol Odin will do that to himself as well.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Odin, he sure has the human's voice box...we all love this guy.

At the start of the latest video, I thought there was maybe a slight pause in his whine like he knows I LOVE YOU is 3 words long...so he is trying to give 3 distinct whines a little more...LOL
- just as a fun idea...maybe try slowing down the 3 word sentence, with more of a slight pause between each word (might make a diff, might not)
He sure has no shortage of liking to be the center of attention, and getting his handsome face on video...He-He.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah lol what a goober he is, I have tried the slight pauses between words. He just gets to excited sometimes and he kind of just whines the I love you. Or he will get really close to finishing and then yawn and the very end so he ends up ruining it LOL.

I take him with every time I buy him his dog food and all the ladies at the pet store just adore him. I think I have just about given my breeders name out to 4-5 people because they see how well behaved he is and how he has such a great temperament. out of 50 people that love and adore him there is someone that is skeptical or afraid of him.

I thought I would have more than that but I guess the Northwest is la little more accepting and knowledgeable that its the owner not the breed.

Reactions: Beaumont67

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
yeah lol what a goober he is, I have tried the slight pauses between words. He just gets to excited sometimes and he kind of just whines the I love you. Or he will get really close to finishing and then yawn and the very end so he ends up ruining it LOL.

I take him with every time I buy him his dog food and all the ladies at the pet store just adore him. I think I have just about given my breeders name out to 4-5 people because they see how well behaved he is and how he has such a great temperament. out of 50 people that love and adore him there is someone that is skeptical or afraid of him.

I thought I would have more than that but I guess the Northwest is la little more accepting and knowledgeable that its the owner not the breed.
Same here - there is few dobes in our S/W city in Ontario, Canada...only see a few owners walking them.

Meeting new people, Amy has a habit sometimes when she is not getting petted or not enough, by strangers...she gives them a loud bark.
Then tend to look scared, until I immediately tell them that Amy is a retired therapy dog and went into the local hospital and nursing home....LOL
- so she is barking at you, because your not petting her / she is telling you this
- even the part time mailperson, get a kick out of her and Amy is mad at her Dad, if I don't have her outside, when the regular one is on our street
(one of her boyfriends)

o0 sHaDoWoLf 0o - When you have a dobe as good and smart as Odin, one just wants to clone the humanized 4 legged man...He-He.
They are sure entertaining, when they get mouthy sometimes. I can see, how your constantly giving out the breeders contact info.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Love it! He's so cute, and Mabel loved him too! Woke up from her nap to come do her first ever head tilt at a noise!
Haha, then she gave odin kisses and watched the rest of his video with occasional nose pokes :p

1 - 20 of 32 Posts