Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back at the end of November I woke up one morning and said to myself, "I'd like to show!". I mean, why not train my girls for two months and then drive 3+ hours to a show, pay for a hotel room and food, entry fees, etc and try this thing out? :) Not to mention none of the three of us had ever been to a trial, and it was a massive one held in a golf dome with a ring of rally, three rings of obedience, and two rings of agility going on non-stop. And when I say train I mean maybe two nights per week. I work and have quite a few other time-constricting responsibilities.

So our first show ever was this past weekend in Davenport, Iowa. I showed Storm in Novice A obedience, and my little crack baby pup Ava in Rally Novice A. They both got their first two legs, and both improved on their scores Sunday vs. Saturday. They were both exhausted when we got home Sunday night, but still they bounced out of the house with me last night for Monday training. They love it. I am so proud!

:dancing_b
We have an Obedience/Rally trial at our home club this weekend, so they should each have a new title...Ava should have her RN, and Storm should have her CD.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Great!!! You must be sooo proud!! I desperately wanted to show in rally this last fall and winter, but retail work schedule was less then accommodating for it. I"m really going to try for this summer!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Congratulations to you and the girls!!! what a great way to start! Cant wait to see all the letters piling up after their names.

cc

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've got more! Our home club's rally and obedience trial is this weekend. We had Rally this afternoon. Storm got her first leg in her first ever Rally class with a PERFECT SCORE of 100! She won the class in style! Ava got her thrid leg in as many classes and so completed her RN title.

Storm goes for her third CD leg tomorrow morning - wish us luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.