Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Im from just north of Sydney, Australia. Im onto my 3rd Dobe now. My first was a handsome B & T male Blade, that I showed. He was euthanased at 8 from DCM. :-( Next was a B & T female, Ruby, that I got just before I lost Blade. She was a hyperactive girl that unfortunately dropped dead at the age of 5, also from DCM, with no indication. That was a shock as she was running around chasing birds that day and was so on the go. Now I have a sweet B & T female called Angie. She is 7.5yrs and a rescue dog. Unfortunately, Angie has Wobblers. She is not too bad at the moment. She could possibly have DCM as well. Vet says heart is ok presently but I feel she may have it. I hope to discuss management of Wobblers on the forum as I'm new to it. anything that can make her more comfortable.I knew she had Wobblers the moment I set eyes on her & so have opened myself up to heartbreak once again :-( Neverless, she is in a good home now and the rest of her life will be good. She is presently a very 'needy' dog and possibly suffers from separation anxiety but sure she will settle. She was surrendered to the pound. She probably thinks she is going to be abandoned again. She is my first dog with a tail. Its a bit strange but now all dogs here have tails.
Hope to be able to join in on some great topics ! :)

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
Welcome to the forum from across the ditch (CHCH)!

There are some good threads about wobblers on here, the search function can be a pain to use but there is a tutorial about for it. Sorry to hear about the loss of your other two Dobers, the health of this breed sucks :(

Reactions: bladek9

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome from W.A!
So sorry to hear about your two dobes :(
God bless you for rescueing your girl with her situation !
I hope your find everything you need on DT

:)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hi and welcome from Adelaide SA. Thanks for rescuing this girl. I hear acupuncture is supposed to be good for Wobblers, you will get a lot of good info here! :)

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new lady and THANKS A MILLION for opening your heart to her. When I think of her sitting in the pound with little hope for a future and then you come along and take her to a loving forever home it makes me cry - good tears though. Bless you! And please post lots of photos!!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!

Bless you for giving Angie a loving forever home.

Hugz to you and yours.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Tracey could I ask which breeders Blade and Ruby were from.. I havent actually heard of too many dcm cases in Aus, I really want to stay away from these breeders.

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
I bought a male from Canberra area in 1990 who died here in the US of CHF - probably had DCM - at 10 yrs old. His father died from black snake bite, mother hit by a car in Canberra, grandfather came from Hawaii of good American breeding lines. He was out of a conformation litter.

Since I know the breeder was somewhat high profile, I know that DCM occurrence is probably close to what it is over here.

Welcome to DT.

Reactions: the_discowhore

·
Get the bunnies!
7,024 Posts
I bought a male from Canberra area in 1990 who died here in the US of CHF - probably had DCM - at 10 yrs old. His father died from black snake bite, mother hit by a car in Canberra, grandfather came from Hawaii of good American breeding lines. He was out of a conformation litter.

Since I know the breeder was somewhat high profile, I know that DCM occurrence is probably close to what it is over here.

Welcome to DT.

Yeah I think it's probably just as bad, people just don't talk about it.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm sure it is just as common and I think I know where the dogs are from any way. Would just be nice for a system like "dobe quest" or some bloody honesty on breeders websites..

·
Super Moderator
21,894 Posts

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
BTW, where on the CC are you located? I had a place in Tuggerawong at the end of January street on 12 acres (can't remember how many hectares). Used to teach at Gosford, Ourimbah and Wyong TAFEs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts