Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Soon your house will filled with toys. I had the same issue with the bitter apple. Some dogs do like the taste of it. Doodle would lick every spot it was sprayed on. Of course he eats the apples off of the tree in the back by the buckets also. I tried the peppers with not much luck. Wierd dog loved the taste of hot peppers.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Okie-dobie said:
I also bought those things that keep the kitchen cupboard doors closed. The ones people install for their kids. Do they really work? Also, do I need something for the fridge to keep it closed?
I use them mainly for my cats. Haven't had a problem yet.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I tried hot peppers when the bitter apple failed. They don't all like the bitter apple, just be prepared if it doesn't work. Of course the peppers didn't work with Doodle and he just had to be constantly watched. I wouldn't leave him alone to give him the option to destroy things. I learned quickly that even stepping outside for a second gave him the opportunity to chew on something. He loved to chew on wood and sat down chewing on the stair banister when I stepped outside to get the mail. Very sneaky devil. Or he would act like he was chewing on a toy and really be chewing on the wood of the recliner. He couldn't play around the recliner anymore. Oh! I was happy to be rid of the teething stage. As with the kitchen, I wouldn't leave him unattended. I personally crate mine, especially for reasons like Doodle.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
That commercial is so cute too. We have a huge basket in their room that the toys go in. They love to dig through it and find the "right" one for that moment.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
TracyJo said:
"mmmmmmm, everything's better with bitter apple on it!" :)
LMAO!! That is Doodle to a T with the bitter apple TJ. Too funny! I learned quickly when I used it to stop one of the smaller ones and when I was watching TV, there he was staring at me chewing and licking the entertainment center I just bought when it was spray. It was wood on top of it. I feel for you in that respect Okie-Dobie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.