Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not help myself today and went and bought some toys for the pup. Here is what I brought home...

Puppy Kong - Large
Wolf Size Nylabone
Hard Core Firehose (Made from real fire hose material)
Orka Jack Chew toy
2 stuffed animals that came with squeeky tennis balls inside.

I also bought a gate for the kitchen. All toys were on sale and the gate was also pretty cheap. I found all products at Pet Supply House in Guelph, Ontario. These guy's are alot cheaper than most pet stores and for anyone in the U.S. they make it pretty easy to order.

Does anyone have any suggestions for what else I could get for a new pup. Also, are the above toys o.k.??

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks DaKari, I forgot I also got a couple of Kong balls. Seem's like most of the dobermans are serial stuffie killers!! I also bought a "cat kingdom" ya know one of those things that cats can climb, hide in, and escape from the pup. I don't know what they are really called, they are made of wood and carpet. Thanks for the websites. I would love to have a dog that loves playing frisbee. I will have to get one!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did get a large bottle of bitter apple!!! I also bought a treat pouch, ceramic dog bowl, a couple of ropes...the list goes on. TracyJo, I have never had children so I feel that this is kinda like bringing home a new baby LOL. My friends want to have a puppy shower for me LOL. This is good because things are starting to add up!!:)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BIB, do you mean the toys I bought are to big for a 8 week old puppy?? And what is a chilly bone, something you can freeze? The stuffies I got have the air kong balls in them and I also got one that is shaped like a "jack"

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Chaz, it's kinda funny that we spend all this money on toys and then there most enjoyment comes from a pop bottle..go figure! Do you guy's rotate the toys? Or when you find one that works you stay with that?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I also bought those things that keep the kitchen cupboard doors closed. The ones people install for their kids. Do they really work? Also, do I need something for the fridge to keep it closed?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
O.K. then, if they like bitter apple what else can anyone suggest? To be honest I have never had to use this stuff but I got it because lots of people have suggested it.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Here is another question, my kitchen is about 11' x 7' if I go out for a couple of hours should I leave the puppy in the kitchen or should I crate her? I think the kitchen is kinda big for a young pup, what do you all think?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sooz that reminds me of the commercial for Fabrezze when all the stuffed toys are out on the floor smelling the carpet!!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
DreamDoby I had a German Shep. that I thought was o.k. left out on his own when I was gone. I had just bought a new sofa and when I came home the whole arm was gone, completely chewed, could'nt even rest my arm on it anymore. I brought him home from the local shelter, funny though he never chewed a thing after that. :)

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I forgot who asked put the pup comes home on August 31...3 weeks and 6 days away!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I think Cheeze Wiz is kinda gross! It's kinda like fake cheeze, I don't eat it and I don't think I would give it to my dog either.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.