Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty, thinking of grabbing a few toys from sitstay.com because they have the best ever. (Minus the deedly dudes. They NEED those!) Has anyone used these? Are they size-appropriate for a 14 week old? I'm new to actually owning a dobe, so I need guidance. Of course we'll still go pick out toys, but I need something to get him started.

Tug-a-Jug

Rip'Em Tiger

Puppy Kong Large

Egg Babies!

For a few weeks at least, I'd like to feed part or all meals in chew/treat toys to establish that around breakfast and dinner need to be quiet times. Any suggestions for awesome "boredom busters" besides the kong and jug?

Any other awesome toys anyone can suggest?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Those look like great things to start with. I bought ******* all kinds of toy's, most she did not play with! She loved raw bones (big ones) these kept her busy for hours. She loved water bottles, pop bottles, and she does like her stuffie toy's that she sucked on. She never got into her kong's so maybe buy one and see if they like first, cause they are expensive. :)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
KONGS KONGS AND MORE KONGS.

KONGS are a very popular toy in this house. Stick a treat it the middle and watch them try and figure how to get it out. Jada is still trying to figure that out but Titus is a pro.

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
I have a 10 week old boy and the large puppy Kong seemed like a good size or maybe even a little big for him, so you'd fine using it for a 14 week old.

Though I would recommend buying it from the store because I ordered mine and they sent me a pink one - a pink Kong for my male dobe. Now he's gonna have a complex, LOL

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
They HAVE to have a Holee roller! http://www.sitstay.com/store/toys/toysball1.shtml#TY17

Here are some other toys mine like

Air Kongs.........they LOVE them. They especially love the long one with a rope. (I didnt see it on sit stay) but they have the donut and the jack too. I wouldnt waste my money on the regular kong tennis balls though
http://www.sitstay.com/store/toys/balls3.shtml#TYK33

The all time favorite though...........(drum roll.......)
The BAD Cuz! They have like 3 of them, and they all will pick it almost everytime if you give them the option. (Well...this or the holee roller)
http://www.petfooddirect.com/store/...age=&mscssid=K2ALN446J1B59G9BXWM9BDWUHP7F1K10

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
I got a "Holee Molee Extreme" (like a Holee Roller, but thicker) and I cram a dog biscuit in it.

Keeps Memsa busy for a while trying to figure out how to eat it.

·
I Art Therefore I Am
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Duchess likes anything rubber...we have kongs...those screwball...the DNA strand...the ring...the 3 rings linked together...the dumbell shape ones...we have the cuz balls...for bones we use either nylabone...galileo bone...things like that. :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInBlack

The all time favorite though...........(drum roll.......)
The BAD Cuz! They have like 3 of them, and they all will pick it almost everytime if you give them the option. (Well...this or the holee roller)
http://www.petfooddirect.com/store/p...B DWUHP7F1K10

Totally agree... Nike LOVES Bad Cuz!!

Those are the most annoying sounding squeekies I have ever heard!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
The all time favorite though...........(drum roll.......) The BAD Cuz!
Absolutely -- BUT don't have it out if you're trying to watch a movie or something. Man, FiFi can make some NOISE with the big Cuz, it actually hurts my ears.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Anything that squeaks is a hit in Red's eyes - especially the plush toys with the squeaker in it.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Petey has the Tug-a-Jug, it was a huge waste money.....he opened it up, it was his Easter Present....acted all excited, carried it all over the house, dropped it and hasn't gone near it again. He also won't play with Kong's, only if in the crate and they have PB in them. His favorite plastic toys are water bottle which he really loves when still filled with water...will steal them off the tables and then pop them. He only like chew things like marrow bones, pigs ears and raw-hides. He loves his stuffed animals that have squeakers, carries them everywhere all the time. He also has a Kong long tennis ball on a rope that he goes insane for, we use that outside. Another favorite are just regular tennis balls, especially once they are popped. Most of his toys and he has dozens, are never even touched, even if I rotate them. He has a few favorites and that is it.

Carol

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
plastic bottles and milk jugs and bones. That is about it. We spent a fortune on toys and the only thing that I bought that he'll use is the kong and the hollow bone filled with either peanut butter or spray cheese. He'll use tennis balls for fetch but he prefers again a bottle, preferably not crushed so he can crush them himself. He also loves stuffies while they last. Best toy of all is our skin and clothes but we're working on that.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
plastic bottles and milk jugs and bones. That is about it. We spent a fortune on toys and the only thing that I bought that he'll use is the kong and the hollow bone filled with either peanut butter or spray cheese. He'll use tennis balls for fetch but he prefers again a bottle, preferably not crushed so he can crush them himself. He also loves stuffies while they last. Best toy of all is our skin and clothes but we're working on that.

Yes skin and cloths...I know the feeling!

Carol ox

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
In my house since there are multiple dogs, anything that one wants the other must have....so it is quite easy to keep them amused. Toys that were never looked at before all of a sudden become ones favorite, so then the other thinks it is the greatest thing on earth. The Hollee ball is awesome, but my Dobie is so damn smart he has figured out how to get the tennis ball that I squeeze into the Hollee ball out. Kongs are a big hit and anything super super durable. For me, a stuffie lasts 2 seconds, a squeaky toy about 5 minutes and they know how to chew a Nylabone to pieces, they just have insane chewing abilities (which thank goodness they only use on their toys) - lol.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Lexie's favorites:
Mr. Star - sheepskin squeeky with yarn on the top.
rawhide bones.
Jim's old workboot
she never really liked any of her kong toys.
lisa

1 - 20 of 30 Posts