Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last night Gracie and hubby were playing tug with her rubber tug toy. The toy slipped out of hubby's hand and it snapped back and hit Gracie's left eye. Her second eye lid thing wouldn't open, so we took her over to my mother in laws house. We put some eye drops in her eye and have been giving her some asprin. All around her eye is swollen, it hurts to the touch. :( It looks so much better today than it did last night. I spent most of the night crying last night because she got hurt. (Yes I know I am a softy. :() So I called the vet this morning, they said to keep an eye on her eye. If she starts closing it or scratching at it then we need to take her in.

Now Gracie refuses to play with her tug toy, I can't say I blaim her though. But this toy was her most favoriate toy in the world.. I feel so bad for her.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Awwh poor girl :(.... She'll be fine. Don't feel bad, accidents happen. I've not noticed lex behind me before and gave her a good poke in the eye also...usually a few hugs and biscuits for her make me feel better too. BTW... for pain use ascriptin (not sure if I'm spelling it right...), coated asprin, better on their tummies than regular.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
aww I hope her Eye gets better...lol duchess is the one that gets me in the eye all the time lol ...not all the time...but sometimes when she is excited and she is swinging her head around for kisses she will head bop me lol Hopefully once she feels better she will give the toy a try again. lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
Poor Gracie! I am sure she will forgive that mean toy as soon as she is felling better! :)
Sounds like you are being a good mommy and taking great care of her!

·
Registered
365 Posts
TracyJo said:
Poor kiddo... Give her get well wishes and ear scratches from us. Petri says he'll get even with that evil toy and pee on it as soon as he gets there :)
I love the way little Yoda deals with problems in life, oh, I'll just pee on it! :)

Poor little Gracie, I hope that puffy eye doesn't ruin her modelling career. Lots of cuddles, fixes everything. :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Her eye is doing much better. The swelling has gone down.

I don't think this will ruin her modeling career as much as it has bruised her ego! She thinks she's perfect and does no wrong. Well maybe she learned not to trust daddy playing with her.

Also she still will not play with the toy. Tracy she is more than willing to let Petri in to pee on it for her! She needs a man to do her dirty work you know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts