Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kano's personal couch
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just HAVE to know if anyone else has dogs that do this. I find it hilarious.

As part of my usual work routine, I take a shower in the morning. Kano usually lays on the mat right outside or near the sink, starring at me like "why the hell aren't you playing with me...I'm going to cry".

Lately, when I get out of the shower and I'm all wrapped up in a towel, she has started to rub herself allllll over the towel. she shoves her face in it and tries to wrap it around her head, then she proceeds to slam me with her butt, try and run between my legs if I'm walking, and if I'm standing over the sink, she'll just shove her nose right up the towel. When I get dressed and hang the towel up, she'll pull it off the hook onto herself and start rubbing herself against the wall. She's done it for the past few weeks, and I can't stop laughing each time. Now, sometimes I'll even hold it up for her to wrap herself up and around in.

Does anyone else have a dobie that does this? I'm assuming it's probably because it smells like me, but it's pretty hilarious. I seriously need to film it.

Never a dull moment.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Funny girl...sure likes helping, in the shower.

If you do a video, remember to try and keep the towel on...lol...family friendly forum here !!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thats so funny!

Sounds to me like she figured out a way to make herself part of your daily routine.

Reactions: Sherryh

·
Kano's personal couch
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats so funny!

Sounds to me like she figured out a way to make herself part of your daily routine.

Pfft....part of my daily routine...she IS my daily routine! lol

wake-up to Kano's nose in my eye.
Fall back to sleep.
Wake up again to Kano's nose in my ear.
Pet Kano for 20 minutes.
Get up and play with Kano for 20 minutes.
Try and get ready for work with Kano leaning against me and pushing me into the sink.
Give up.
Play with Kano for another 20 minutes.
Finally get ready.
Feed Kano.
Watch TV on the couch for 30 minutes with Kano sprawled across me.
Play with Kano. Again.
Trick Kano into her kennel with a beggin strip.
Leave for work 30 minutes late.

With a doberman, there is no "me" time. Only "we" time.

Wouldn't trade it for anything in the world though!

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
She must be a fan of Douglas Adams' "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

... a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: nonhitchhiker) discovers that a hitchhiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, washcloth, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet-weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitchhiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitchhiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts