Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dobie or Bust
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog Hector has damaged or torn his Cranial Crucial Ligament. My options right now are the TTA or the TPLO. I would prefer to get the TTA, however not many vets near where I live are familiar with the procedure. I live in Cold Lake, Alberta. Anybody know of any Vets in the northern Alberta area that do the surgery? Also any info and input on the two surgeries will be appreciated and considered. Thanks

·
Banned
3,463 Posts
I would suggest that you PM a Moderator and ask them to move your thread to the Doberman Health section where it will get viewed more and you will hopefully get more responses.

The Moderators are "Dobejazz", "melbrod", "MeadowCat", "greenkouki" and "dax0402"

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
It's really important to get an orthopedic surgeon with a TON of experience in whatever procedure you decide on.

My GSD had the TPLO done by a "helicopter surgeon". These types of surgeries are his specialty. I don't know if Edmonton has something similiar to the CARE center in Calgary, but that is where you might want to start looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts