Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posts your top tips here!

1) a little amount of virgin coconut oil in your puppy's food helps to eliminate the pungent doggy smell.

2) puppy peeing on your lawn? try adding catsup ( ketchup to us Brits) to the food. This will stop the yellow patches on the lawn. (my puppy loves it!)

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
LOL, it's ketchup to us americans as well ;) I didn't know that would help with the yellow marks, that's interesting, thanks :)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
2) puppy peeing on your lawn? try adding catsup ( ketchup to us Brits) to the food. This will stop the yellow patches on the lawn. (my puppy loves it!)
How much pr. day?

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
It is because of the tomato juice. I've heard adding a couple of tablespoons of tomato juice to the food will help with the urine burn spots. I tried it a few years ago, and it helped a little, but not much.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Tip #5:

Always close the lid on the toilet.

Because the first thing she wants to do after she finishes drinking is lick my face.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
If you want an easy,quiet,relaxed,tension free life-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------never ever ,ever buy a DOBERMAN!!!!!!!:):):):):

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
If you want an easy,quiet,relaxed,tension free life-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------never ever ,ever buy a DOBERMAN!!!!!!!:):):):):
This should be moved up to Top Tip #1!!!! :):11doh:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Carry a spray bottle with you on walks when it's hot. Mist them down often, black dogs & sun & heat don't mix very well, but all dogs can benefit from this. If not a spray bottle them a cooling jacket will also work. I just carried this idea over from the show ring and I will also mist myself if needed!!!!!

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
To ward off dogs from you and yours carry a spray mist bottle of amonia. Spray mist in air in front of dog approaching and it will stop him immediately and send him the other way.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Apple Cider Vinagar (1 tbsp) per 70 lbs. in your dog's food everyday. Good for itchy flakey skin, and digestion. Full of trace minerals. Also can be used as a rinse after a bath. :)

Reactions: MandysBlackRoses

·
Registered
696 Posts
Apple Cider Vinagar (1 tbsp) per 70 lbs. in your dog's food everyday. Good for itchy flakey skin, and digestion. Full of trace minerals. Also can be used as a rinse after a bath. :)
Yup also a teaspoon in your dogs water will kill bacteria and keep it tasting fresh.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts