Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just got my puppy yesterday evening. He's 4, almost 5 months old. He has had his ears cropped, but apparently they got infected. He's already finished his antibiotics and his ears look healed and the fur is growing back. Right now he is a floppy eared boy. Is there still hope to get his ears to stand if I start posting again ASAP? I want to try, I'd hate for his ears to have been cut for essentially no reason. Any and all help appreciated! He is my first doberman and we are smitten already. Thanks!

·
Big Lil pup
6,990 Posts
That is great! Keep posting and leave them down just long enough to clean them gently and let them dry. Maybe 20 minutes or so.

What method are you using?

Oh... And more photos!

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is great! Keep posting and leave them down just long enough to clean them gently and let them dry. Maybe 20 minutes or so.

What method are you using?

Oh... And more photos!

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR
We started with the backer rod method, but he kept popping the right one out. We changed to the zip tie method and it has worked so much better for us!

And gladly! I'm happy to share. Please don't judge the ear tape, it's not as pretty as most others but at least it's getting the job done 😅😂 I included a floppy eared pic also

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grass Fawn Dog Comfort Dog supply Dog breed Collar Hand Dog Carnivore Dog breed Gesture Plant Tree Working animal Liver Wood

·
Big Lil pup
6,990 Posts
Great pics! Your puppy's super cute. (handsome??)

Yeah... Many folks swear by zip ties. We've had great success in the past with long wood cotton tipped swabs. And your taping job looks fine. Again... Whatever works.

So.... The ears are coming along. Your photos show a really nice looking pup. What's missing?
Hmmm.... Oh yeah! How about a name to go with those ears. LOL. I assume he has a name.

John Lichtwardt
Portland OR

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, yes! Rude of me to not properly introduce him lol. His name is Frank Castle, but we just call him Castle.

I will keep in mind about the long wood cotton swabs also for the future! He may be our first Dobie, but definitely will not be the last lol.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Ear Fawn Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Plant

1 - 8 of 8 Posts