Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that don't know my dog is kind of famous here on DT for having a huge tongue. I snapped this photo of him and his friend with both their tongues hanging out and I thought it was too funny not to share. (we think she may be a dobe mix).

and this one is older but very LOL

Let's see more dobertongues.

·
One Lucky Mama!
892 Posts
This is a photo from when we picked Zeus up from DRU. Great first impression. ;)

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,450 Posts
Not a great tongue shot, but it brought up a question for me

An open mouth and long panting tongue sorta mess up a dog's head profile to me. In a show, do you have to worry about that and try to get your dog to close his mouth when the judge is looking, or are judges used to judging the open mouthed dog?

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Not a great tongue shot, but it brought up a question for me

An open mouth and long panting tongue sorta mess up a dog's head profile to me. In a show, do you have to worry about that and try to get your dog to close his mouth when the judge is looking, or are judges used to judging the open mouthed dog?
In all the shows I've been to over the years, I've rarely seen a Doberman panting in the ring, but then the bulk of the shows I've been to have been in the Pacific Northwest. The handlers work very hard to keep their dogs cooled down and the judges will often have them stand in the shade until the final line-up. I do think you see more photos of the European Dobes panting.

Jan

Reactions: Sherryh and melbrod

·
Dobes Dobles +1
Lanah Chi-Cairn X 6 y/o, RIP Eva HADR Rescue Dobe, Sunking's Spock, Lillah Chi-Terrier X
4,606 Posts
Here is Spock's Dober Tongue entry:

This was posted on a previous Dober Tongue thread by Zephyr, but can't compare to the Tongue champions Nietzsche and Liberty-

I think Texas Dobies have an advantage in this catagory since it gets so blasted hot down here!!:D

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
LOL, the peanut butter pic reminds me that I think I stole some of your peanut butter. I ended up with an extra one in the pantry and it took a while to think how it ended up there. Bet the kids ate it. Hahaha.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
In all the shows I've been to over the years, I've rarely seen a Doberman panting in the ring, but then the bulk of the shows I've been to have been in the Pacific Northwest. The handlers work very hard to keep their dogs cooled down and the judges will often have them stand in the shade until the final line-up. I do think you see more photos of the European Dobes panting.

Jan
At every show I have been to here in Spain there has been Air Conditioning in the halls unfortunately it is usually either not on enough or not on at all.
So tongues out and red faced owners are a common sight. Luckily the judges do not seem to mind. Good job, otherwise no one would win anything.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts