Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of our adoption of Homer, a day we feared we'd never see after our DCM diagnosis at the end of March. We were looking for another male after our 1st boy was pts & along came Homer. He was just what we needed to help heal our broken hearts. The most lovable affectionate dog I've ever met he velcro'd himself to us from the moment he met us & hasn't moved much since. :D
We love him to bits & despite the crappy diagnosis we wouldn't be without him.
Happy Anniversary Homer my wild & crazy doberboy, luv ya loads & loads.

On a side note I'd appreciate some opinions on his ears. Do you think someone has tried to post them to make them stand up? All the ear is there. They just seem to have a life of their own, they stand up, they flop over his head, he holds them in funny ways. They really are silly but they compliment his character perfectly. Just curious as to what you guys think.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Homer is gorgeous, Happy gotcha day! :)

I love his ears they are so CUTE. I doubt someone would have tried to post them (what a crazy thing to try!) it looks to me like he just has really light, small ears.

·
Super Moderator
21,879 Posts
Happy Gotcha-day!

·
joie de vivre
11,272 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day, Homer!! He sounds like a complete love.

I *love* his ears! No idea as to what's going on with them, but I think they're adorable!

·
nutsaboutmydobes
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aw, he is cute and I love his name! Homer :)
Thanks, we think he's cute too. He was already named when we adopted him from our local dobe rescue. We think it suits him perfectly. He's like his namesake Homer Simpson, he's not the sharpest knife in the draw. DOH :D

What year was the ear cropping banned in your country?
Elza we live in England & to the best of my knowledge cropping has always been illegal in this country but Homer came from Ireland originally & i haven't got a clue what the laws are over there.

Wonky ears or not though we think he's perfect:nicejob:

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
Homer you fell on your feet when you found your humans, they are so lucky to have you.

Happy gotcha day.

Love the ears, they give him that certain 'je ne se que' other Dobes can only dream of.

·
Registered
Jalyn Live in the Moment ‘Helo Agathon’ Harper x Godric DOB 3/4/2019
7,602 Posts
Happy Gotcha Day Homer!

:fireworks:

Reactions: JobeyV
1 - 18 of 18 Posts