Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Dobes stole my heart <3
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In regards to the thread about a stud dog who would not perform, contrary to what any of you think, I was not defending the OP's right to stud her dog, I was not encouraging her to stud, I was enraged by the simple fact that so many people on here act in such a manner as to tear people to shreds over something. Great, so you have a passion for the breed, I happen to love them just as much as the next person, and wonderful, you hate BYB, so do I. I had no clue when I bought my dogs as to the problems these people were creating in the way they breed their dogs. I did not know about health tests, what age to breed, who to avoid in buying a dog, I learned all that AFTER I got mine, and I learned it on sites like this, and another I go to. Thats all beside the point. What I cannot stand is the repeated insults, derogatory comments and plain flat out meanness toward anyone that does not conform to your exact way of thinking. The flat out hatred you shell out to anyone that Heaven forbid would ever think of doing something you all dont give your seal of approval to. Its like anyone no matter who they are has to go through your grilling and gain your acceptance and approval before they dare breathe the word "breed" Guess what, I know a very nice woman, with a female dobe who has never been to a show, who has no titles on her dog, and who just had a litter of 11 puppies and shes not a breeder! AND she has the support of several good breeders behind her!!! OMG are you going to tear her to shreds??

The person that started that thread could have had every test done on her dog known to the dog world, she could have had a pedigree that would have put some of the show dogs to shame and because she never showed him she would have been considered the worst trash in your eyes that there is because she wanted to stud him out and you didnt know to whom or you hadnt seen all the paperwork first hand and that is what I feel is none of your business! I am well aware of the dogs that come into a rescue, I have seen the dogs in local shelters and pounds, so I dont need you all to preach to me the evils of all that, and I dont need you all telling me to walk a mile in those shoes, I may not have a rescue dog in my home but that doesnt mean I havent seen the aftermath of unwanted dogs. Im not so stupid as to condone bad breeding.

If someone comes here to you for advice, or help, it shouldnt be your first response to tear them apart and act rude or mean to them. Ive seen it so many times and have kept quiet, but its more the norm on here than kindness. Im sorry you all think anyone not in your circle is an evil bad greedy BYB but its not always the case. I dont know this person and if they dont have the credentials to breed then they shouldnt do it but for crying out loud they do not deserve the first words to be words of hatred.

I am not coming back to this thread, I am not replying to it, you can say whatever you will of me, I dont care. Like I said, Im not condoning her breeding, Im not advising her to do it, I am simply sick and tired of the hatred with which people are continually met with here. I think I'll take the advice thrown at me in the other thread and go somewhere else since its clear that this isnt the place for me. I prefer someplace with a little more respect and a little more diplomacy in dealing with people.

· Registered
2,134 Posts
tl;dr

it's the internet, get over it. there are forums that are 100x worse than this one. thank your lucky stars because i'm sure anywhere less regulated, you'd probably end up publicly humiliated with very personal information plastered all over for everyone to see.

when you post information about your life in a public forum, don't be surprised if you receive any less than favorable opinions. it's your own fault for putting it out there to begin with.

in other news, have a nice day. :)

· Registered
554 Posts
1. If the woman you know is having a litter, she is a breeder. I hate when people go "Its only one litter, Its not like I'm a breeder / BYB!"

2. I highly doubt you and I have the same understanding of what a "good breeder" is. For all I know, your "good breeders" that are behind this woman are what many would consider "not good breeders". If they are supporting the breeding of a un-titled, un-tested (you made no reference to whether testing was done) bitch... They are not "good breeders".

3. The OP in that thread gave enough information for posters to conclude the extent of health testing. Age, stud ad, nature of responses, dog's background, time in owner's care, ect.

4. This forum doesn't support irresponsible breeding. Its in the manifesto and its repeated over and over and over again on this site. Get over it. When someone comes in wanting information intended to help them breed irresponsibly, it makes perfect sense and is perfectly reasonable that those who are in the position to help be given more information on the situation. Such as health testing, lines, titles, ect. No one here is obligated to help an aspiring BYB. But they are willing to help people learn to do it correctly, many even said if the OP simply openly answered the questions that they'd be happy to give guidance. A few people answered it honestly right off the bat, and the answer was another reason the dog shouldn't be bred.

Nothing in that thread was particularly over the top rude, ect. They just didn't sugar coat the fact the dog shouldn't be bred and that she had no business breeding that dog, who she PUBLICLY gave the background of in another thread before telling everyone she was trying to breed him.

So tell me, how would you tell someone they shouldn't breed their dog and why they shouldn't? Because your posting mannerisms isn't all that different from the majority of other posters. You're not gentle, sweet and all-helpful. You don't coddle those you wish to disagree with. So, whats the difference? What is everyone else apparently doing differently than you? (aside from not supporting and defending bad breeding?)

· Registered
331 Posts
I agree, while there have been some real humdingers, I didn't find this one particularly bad. Everyone was asking point blank for more info on testing, and got no response. I don't disagree that there can be a piranha type of atmosphere here at times. But I don't think this was one of those times. And really, I was surprised by that. The questions the OP was asking was bound to get her a written beating. I thought people controlled themselves quite nicely, for the most part. If you ask a stupid question that is bound to offend people on here, you can certainly expect a certain type of response. I've been beaten a few times myself. My advice to the OP? Think before you ask. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.