Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i just took jack up to the vets to get his ears and back dew claws done. They said he should be able to come home later today, i just have to call after 1:30 to see how hes doing. Eep i cant wait to go pick him up. It so quiet here with out him LOL.
Oh does anyone know If Johnson & Johnsons Coach elastic bandage works for wraping ears, instead of sticky tape. It basically the same stuff as vet wrap but in peach color. I was gonna try it for his ears when they are to be posted but wanted to see if anyone has used it before.

Jamie

·
Registered
953 Posts
Ohh Good Luck!! Nerver racking but exciting at the same time. I remember when Bruno got his ears done. I was worrying all day about him lol. But he did GREAT!

I'm not sure about the J&J never used it before? But I'm guessing if it's the same as the vet wrap. It should work.

Bruno goes for his 2nd booster on thursday. Also going to have his eyes checked out. A little nervous about that.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Yay! I am sure that Jacks ears will turn out great! I know you cant wait to pick him up!! Post Pics!!!!!

I assume that you are talking about the J&J Coach self adhering??? (J&J also has "Coach" Athletic Tape) I'm sure that it will work fine. It also wont pull the hair off. You will still need Athletic Tape to use at the base of his ears though, to brace them together. The only problem I would see with the self adhering J&J tape is that it is a little thicker, and a little less flexible than the VetWrap, which might make it harder to "mold" to the ear. Let us know how it works if you go that route.

Also, I'm not sure if the Wal-Mart there has it, but I used to live in Dallas and I know that in the back of the pet section they have a section for horses (very minimal) but they sell the 4 inch rolls of VetWrap there. They also have it at PetSmart if you are having trouble finding it. I think it is also a little cheaper than the J&J.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh cool, I didnt even think to look int he horse section at walmart LOL. Well i can go check that today! and for pictures.. i already have the camera ready to roll :D, Thanks for the information on the tape stuff :)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yay! i just called the vets and they said jack did great and hes already sitting up (just got done about 30 min ago!)! Yay!. i go pick him up in about 2 hours... time cant go any slower i tell ya, lol.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Ah bless his heart, glad everything went well. Nash has his done in two days, I can't wait to get it over with, it is amazing though how good they get through this without seeming to have a care other than being a little sore.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jack is back, his ears look good from what i can see threw the tape (the tape outlines them), i tryed to take pictures of them when he was awake. i will take more now that he is sleeping. hopefully they turn out. I have a question.. does the ears grow with the dogs? LOL if not hes gonna have short ears

1 - 12 of 12 Posts