Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Titus had 2 seizures today. They are the first that he has had since he was diagnosed.

Jada went into the bathroom this morning right as my husband was getting out of the shower and she looked at him then at the bedroom and looked at him again and looked at the bedroom and my husband realized that something was not right. He went into the bedroom and Titus was just recovering from having a seizure. She just loves her Titus.

Then he had a petite seizure this afternoon. We are keeping a journal of his seizure acitivity and called our vet both times. Our vet has noted his file and stated that we just need to stay on the same track and if he continues to have them we will address his dosage.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
That's to bad for titus tjmom...:( I hope things will improve for him and I'm glad Jada was looking out for him. Jada could be very helpful in the future.

Reactions: tjmom

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I am so sorry that she is having more seizures, thank god she has Jada as a friend and overseer, makes your heart melt when one cares so much. Glad all of you are on top of it all.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww Im so sorry :( Could you educate me alittle about seizures...something they are born with? is it common? from exposure to chemicals???

Give both Jada and Titus a hug from me and duch...

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
I am sorry to hear that. Sending positive thoughts your way.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Poor guy. I think it's a great I dea to keep the log book. Best Wishes to you all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
so sad. My last dog had alot of seizures in her last days, quite possibley the hardest thing to see happen to your pal.

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Im so sorry TJmom :( I was really hoping that it was a fluke thing and would never happen again. (I'm sure you were to) We will be sending good thoughts your way.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Maybe Jada will be a seizure alert dog for him like some people have they alert before the seizure happens maybe Jada will work out a system to alert you before he has a seizure???
Hope you can get a dosage that will stop them for good wishing you the best for your boy.
Patches Mom

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that. Keep us updated on his progress. He may just need his meds adjusted.

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
I am really sorry, I know how heartbroken and sick you must feel....but Epilepsy is controllable. You may have to work with the phenobarbital and add the other meds if the pheno isn't enough. Make sure his food is the best you can buy, and also check into not over vaccinating him....get his protection levels checked for everything but the Rabies, and only give vaccinations when needed. The longest my Mason went in between seizures was 9 months, usually they were about every 3 months, very manageable, once I had a system down.

Hugs to YOU.

Carol oxoxox

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Poor boy. Hard to watch. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Sorry to hear this about your sweet boy

·
Premium Member
8,740 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully further meds adjustments will help again. It seems like Jada could be helpful - I also wonder if she could predict them........ it would be helpful to know when one is coming.

My thoughts are with you - this has to be very difficult to go through.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
awww Im so sorry :( Could you educate me alittle about seizures...something they are born with? is it common? from exposure to chemicals???

Give both Jada and Titus a hug from me and duch...
From the info that I have been able to research and from what the doctors have told us they are really unsure what causes them. Just like in the cases of humans it can stem from a head injury, be genetic or various other reasons. I checked with the breeder that we got Titus from and she stated she has not had to deal with this problem and referred us to her vet. Her vet is a very good vet and very experienced with dobies (She is the breeder that we got our Jada from) however I really did not want to drive 3 hours one way if our vet is able to handle this issue. I too suffer from seizures (I know like mother like son :) ) however I do not suffer from grand mal seizures and it sure is hard to see him have them. Besides the petite mal that he had yesterday from what we can tell (we have only seen two of his seizures) all of the seizures that he has had he has been sleeping. He had another one this morning at 4:15 and boy was it a doozy. It didnt really last very long - about 30 seconds but it took him a couple of minutes to snap out of it.

Thank god my husband is the calm one because me and Jada just sit there and really dont know what to do. I'm sure that once we are a little more experienced with them we will be able to deal with them a little better. It is just hard to see my 90 lb baby convulse like that. It sure helps to have the kind words from everyone here. :rotate1:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im so sorry TJmom :( I was really hoping that it was a fluke thing and would never happen again. (I'm sure you were to) We will be sending good thoughts your way.
Yes that is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks so very much!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts