Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an appointment on Thursday for titers test. They don't test for Lepto or Corona. Is that normal? They charge $75, is that average for titers?

·
Sea Hag
12,933 Posts
doberlover said:
I have an appointment on Thursday for titers test. They don't test for Lepto or Corona. Is that normal? They charge $75, is that average for titers?
I just had titers done on my male, Rush, last month. All that was done was parvo and distemper. I think I paid $60.00

·
Premium Member
8,910 Posts
Murreydobe said:
I just had titers done on my male, Rush, last month. All that was done was parvo and distemper. I think I paid $60.00
That sounds pretty consistent to the titers I got for Velma too. I've found that getting titers is more expensive than vaccines.......... but it is worth it to me to not be over vaccinating my dogs.

On a positive note, when I took Louise in her her one year boosters last week, the vet (there are 7 vets where I go) asked if I would be interested in doing titers after this years boosters. I told him that I already do titers with Velma and will be doing them with Louise. I pretty much had to argue to get them 2 years ago and this year for Velma they still did not seem to think it was the norm to do titers instead of vaccines........so maybe they are finally getting on the band wagon. I do plan on doing the boosters once every 3 years. So Velma will get shots next year. I don't do Lepto at all, and I do bordetella every year.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
sounds reasonable. We also use them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.