Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been taking Tess and one of our Yorkies to obedience classes for the last month. Tess normally does real well, but yesterday she just seemed ‘Blah” . No attention span, tired, rather lay down then sit.

We normally get up at 5am and all the dogs go out to “do there thing”. Im wondering if she is to tired by 10 am to pay attention in class.

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,949 Posts
We have been taking Tess and one of our Yorkies to obedience classes for the last month. Tess normally does real well, but yesterday she just seemed ‘Blah” . No attention span, tired, rather lay down then sit.

We normally get up at 5am and all the dogs go out to “do there thing”. Im wondering if she is to tired by 10 am to pay attention in class.

Any suggestions?
Has the weather changed recently? Been warmer thn usual? Is she eating and drinking as usual? Vomiting or diarrhea?

Since she's has been going to the classes for a month without being too "tired" to pay attention I'd be looking for another cause. It actually sounds like she might not be feeling too well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It has heated up! The Yorkie usually gets car sick and this past time she was a drollinh vomiting machine, Tess wouldnt even look at her.... that may have been enough to give her an upset tummy.... lol I know it didnt make 8us feel good cleaning that up!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
wow...our training place we go to doesnt have air...and so it can get really warm in there...but its even a night class...and it still is warm. Duchess usually will be the only one not panting and all the other breeds will have dripping tongues...
when she gets tired...all she does is maybe during a down stay she will start closing her eyes and dozing off...

Maybe she was just more tired than usual...or needed some water...hmmmm I dont know...

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
If she if fine otherwise some dogs have "off" training days. Maybe it is just that.
She also could be bored, you might want to look for new training methods with new treats, a clicker, or toys too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts