Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Time to fill the emptiness

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  ShelianDobe 
#1 · (Edited)
My wife and I lost Jake on 01/19/12 after 11 1/2 years. Does anyone know a responsible breeder in the Northeast with a Red Male pup at a price a working man can afford? We don't show. Our dogs have always been family members and with no children left at home there is a huge hole that needs to be filled. We feel out of balance without some thing sitting on our feet or leaning against a leg.

#2 ·
I am sorry for your loss. It is always so hard to lose a family member.

Woudl you consider rescue? There are a number of good rescues out there that have puppies on a fairly regular basis.

Well bred puppies from reputable breeders tend to go for 1800-3000 depending on breeder and litter. As a working woman myself, I understand that this is not a cheap price. That said, it would be much much much better for the breed to either go with a reputable breeder and pay what they are worth, or go the rescue route and give a second chance to a Doberman in need.

I am sure others in the area will chime in for breeder and rescue names.

#3 ·
DEFINITELY look for a rescue first.

depending on where you are and where you're willing to go, though, our breeder is planning a litter for late Jan/early Feb. we got our rust/red boy from her this year, and he's been a joy despite his danger prone ways. :D i believe they're expecting the next litter to be a mix of rust/red and black.

she's near Pittsburgh. if interested, i'll shoot you her information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.