Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, I got Max Wolf King dog food. He isn't enjoying it so much. Normally when we gave him Pedigree, he would eat it like he was starving.

With the Wolf King, he nibbles & barely eats any of it. Wolf King looks to be almost identical to Timberwolf Organics. I also know many people who will not feed their dogs anything else since they got Wolf King. For an 80 to 100 pound dog, they should be getting between 4 1/3 to 5 1/4 cups in 2 meals a day. Max is eating maybe 1 cup. He has laso been very lazy since switching. That is not what everyone else has said. They have told me their dogs have more energy when going to it.

I don't know anymore.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
King is pretty much the complete opposite. He is gaining weight(not fat, muscle) and eating less. He stays full longer and gobbles this stuff up. From what i hear, tinberwolf and solid gold are two completely different foods. ive been told by numerous food stores that the timberwolf is a higher quality food. King is just as energetic as he was befre i switched him, he has less gas, stool is much more firm, and no more stomach gurgling. Ive also been told that the solid gold food seems to smell different and look different from bag to bag. If max is only eating 1 cup he will definatly be lacking energy. I would definatly get him off that food and try something else or go back to what you know he likes. Some dogs are just picky. Out of maybe 15-20 foods ive tried, king wouldnt even touch 3 of them. Maybe max just doesnt like it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
well what you are saying is the same thing people have told me about Wolfking food.

There was a discovery today & we'll have to see if this may change things.

When we got home, there was a large, uuumm I'll say BARF, in the middle of the living room floor. In the middle of the pile was a wash cloth that we do dishes with. I don't know how Max got this or when or why he would decide it was a good thing to eat, but he did. We'll see what happens now that he has cleansed his inner self out. :)

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
SamHayne said:
well what you are saying is the same thing people have told me about Wolfking food.

There was a discovery today & we'll have to see if this may change things.

When we got home, there was a large, uuumm I'll say BARF, in the middle of the living room floor. In the middle of the pile was a wash cloth that we do dishes with. I don't know how Max got this or when or why he would decide it was a good thing to eat, but he did. We'll see what happens now that he has cleansed his inner self out. :)
WOW, a dish towell? My girl ate a pair of baby socks once and did the same thing threw up everything including the socks. They looked nasty like they were in her belly for a little bit. I considered myself lucky I didnt have to take her to the ER.

TD

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just for the heck of it, I just did a comparison. On the left is Timberwolf Organic's Dakota Bison. On the right is Solid Gold's Wolfking.

PROTEIN: 26% Protein: 22% FAT: 16% Fat: 9% FIBER: 3% Fiber: 4% MOISTURE: 9% Moisture: 10%Kcal/kg: 3,680 Ash: 7% OMEGA-6 FATTY ACIDS: 3.8% Calcium: 1.5%OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS: 1.4% Phosphorus: 1.2%CALCIUM: 1.4% 364 Calories per cup PHOSPHOROUS: 1.1 VITAMIN A: 22,000 IU/KG VITAMIN D: 1,200 IU/KG VITAMIN E: 350 IU/KG

Fresh Bison Meat, Salmon Meal, Free Range Bison Wild Salmon Meal | Millet, Sweet Potatoes, Oats, Brown Rice | Millet | Flaxseed, Carrot, Watercress, Cracked Pearled Barley | Oatmeal | Spinach, Celery, Parsley, Rice Bran | Canola Oil | Flaxseed Oil Fennel Seed, Wild Salmon Oil, Dried Chicory Root |Garlic|Amaranth Atlantic Kelp, Alfalfa, |Blueberries |Yucca Schidigera Potassium Chloride, Amaranth, |Extract | Taurine |Carotene | Currants, Cranberries, Pears, Figs, Choline Chloride |Vitamin E Thyme, Anise Seed, Supplement | Iron Proteinate | Ground Cinnamon Bark, Zinc Proteinate | Copper Proteinate | Fenugreek, Garlic Pieces, Manganese Proteinate | Potassium Sunflower Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Chloride | Thiamine Mononitrate | Apples,Chicory Root, Chloride, Ascorbic Acid | Spirulina, Choline Lecithin, Vitamin A Supplement | Biotin | Probiotics: (Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Calcium Panthothenate |
Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Lactis, Selenomethionine | Bacillus Bifidum, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride |
Streptococcus Diacetilactis, Vitamin B12 Supplement | Riboflavin Bacillus Subtillus), Taurine, Vitamin D Supplement | Folic Acid | Mixed Tocopherols (a source of vitamin E), Lysine, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Thiamine, Methionine, Carnitine, Niacin, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium
Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement,
Vitamin B12 Supplement, Iodine Proteinate,
Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Folic Acid,
Pyridoxine (a source of vitamin B6),
Cobalt Proteinate, Papain, Yucca Schidigera Extract.

There are differences, but I'm thinking they are very small. Then again, I don't know what some of these things are. Alot of the same stuff.

·
Registered
134 Posts
amazing, Max got the dish rag out of his stomach & he's gobbling up food & running around like mad.

I guess he's feeling better.

·
Registered
134 Posts
SamHayne said:
WOW, a dish towell? My girl ate a pair of baby socks once and did the same thing threw up everything including the socks. They looked nasty like they were in her belly for a little bit. I considered myself lucky I didnt have to take her to the ER.

TD
amazing, Max got the dish rag out of his stomach & he's gobbling up food & running around like mad.

I guess he's feeling better. I have no idea what made him want to eat it or how he even got it down.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.